3 Spd Lever Assembly.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a nice older Huffy ladies bike with the 3 speed. It has a black plastic cover at the lever with one screw. Anyway the plastic cover was busted and the cable wouldnt stay still, Took the screw out and everything fell apart before i could see how it was assembled.

Can someone tell me how or show me where the parts go? Not much to it other than a tiny ball a piece of plastic and the base and lever but i cant figure it out.

I assume its a Shimano but dont know how to tell what model. This looks like all 3 speeds i have ever seen.

I've never had luck with that shifter, they're poorly designed. There's a little plastic barrel that's supposed to hold you in gear. I'll dig mine out and pull it apart.

Jpromo said:
I've never had luck with that shifter, they're poorly designed. There's a little plastic barrel that's supposed to hold you in gear. I'll dig mine out and pull it apart.

Thanks but i got it figured out after dropping that detent ball 100 times. I agree thats a poor design.

It's pretty cheap, but simple and relatively weather resistant and trouble free. Not securing the detent ball within the lever is definitely a poor design feature. :roll: :|

Latest posts

Back