3 Bar Looptail - What is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a look with the frame measurements. What do you guys think of this geometry? For the chain stay and seat stay I approximated to a middle point on the dropouts as endpoints. The measurements of the top tube and down tube take into account the bends in those bars.

3bar_zpshjofpd9i.jpg

Those measurements seem to be within the range of "normal" for 26" cruisers; the stays are a little short (good for that bmx life), top-tube is a bit short, too. Again, stuff i'd expect from a BMX cruiser. What's striking me as interesting is the disparity between the head-tube angle (looks steep) and the seat-tube angle (looks very slack.) Most old-school cruisers have both the head- and seat-tube angles fairly slack; the bmx cruisers were quite a bit steeper.... generally speaking, of course. The slack seat-tube with the steep head-tube angle are the opposite of characteristics we're seeing in the recent crop of hardtail mountain bikes. I'd be interested in the angles, once you pick a fork and see where it puts the frame specs.

Really cool frame...

Last edited:
Thats a cool looking frame. You should tell the guy to offer some of the 20 frames up for sale here.

Blue S&S Newport. Seat stay bars angle down.
Red TBC Islander. Seat stay straight down to.loop tail.
Hope that helps.
cfdefadf13b248128db02f1388d462e4.jpg
31b5198a4db432596693714c5b8a8983.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Nope.. Id like to get $150 for the TBC Islander. Prospective buyer now so we'll see..make a price point.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back