3.5 Briggs on a bmx

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first motorized build. So I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way. Thank you everyone for all your posts. I've learned so much of what to do and especially what not to do! I've leaned, I hope from other mistakes.... ok with that being said... this is what I have so far.

I got little puppy from a buddy of mine. Him and a friend were going to do what I'm doing but he passed away, so I get to carry on his glory.

It ran... but the starter caught and sheared the key to the flywheel. So gotta get another one tomorrow. Runs good but is still gonna need a bit or a rebuild.

A friend that wants me to build him a rat out of an old English racing bike gave me this. It's older, has a nice heavy frame. Good start.

This came off a electric scooter my boss found on the side of the road. We peddled it around the parking lot for fun a few times till we got bored and I started ripping it apart. Great score considering it is free and already has a spot to mount the engine.

And it has a kickstand! Awesome! I'll try to track down a picture of it before it got ripped to shreds. You find parts in the darndest places...

Today I chopped up the bmx frame and put what I have so far all jumbled together to see how it looks. So far it's looking pretty nasty.

I plan on bending the lower bar out a little to strech it a little more. But this thing is going to be all engine!

The way things are I no real time to work on this, only when it gets slow at the shop. Whenever I get something done it'll be posted. I'm working on zero budget so I'm mostly relying on the kindness of my friends that want to see me get hurt to get what I need to get this thing together.

mobilrods said:
I'm working on zero budget so I'm mostly relying on the kindness of my friends that want to see me get hurt to get what I need to get this thing together.
:lol: You should be overflowing with parts in no time if you have friends like mine! :wink:
Great start, looking forward to seeing more.

Luke.

Thanks guys. I'm wishing it would come together a little faster... should have rims in the next few weeks. Busy moving this weekend so no chance of getting anything done anytime soon. I also just got a nice muscle bike off the back of my friends scrap truck for me lady that I need to get cleaned up. Hope she likes it...

Last weekend I got the frame straight and welded on the top tube. It looks a little funny but the engine takes up so much room.

Before I start making my tank, my can't is vacuum fed. Am I going to be running into problems if I start gravity feeding? Will it flood it out? Should I make a small reservoir with a float valve to cut off the gas feed? Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back