2nd Annual New Year's Day Pub Ride in Philly! Now with Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's on! Weather permitting, I'll be having my second annual New Year's Day Pub Ride! We'll be meeting at the PATCO train Station in Westmont, NJ at 11:30. After a short train ride into the city of brotherly love, We'll make our way to Finnegan's Wake onSpring Garden Ave, then the Taproom and the infamous El Bar. The only thing that will stop us is rain, so dress appropriately and bring anti freeze. This ride is open to EVERYBODY, by the way, and I might even spring for cigars if you indulge. I'm posting a link to the video of Last year.Click on the big black box below to check it out...

hope you can make it! :cool:

Re: 2nd Annual New Year's Day Pub Ride in Philly!

Looks like the weather may cooperate as well...(I hope!). Partially sunny and 50 degrees. :D

Here's the map and the route in case anyone wants to catch up.
ride2.jpg

ride1.jpg

We should be starting out of the Westmont Patco Station around 11:30, in Philly at 8th and Market by noon to start out.
I'll be riding the chrome stretch so we should be pretty easy to spot. 8)

This year we changed it a bit and went to the soon to be closed Tritone instead of the El Bar. Heading back to the train station I got crossed up in a trolley track and ended up eating the pavement Nothing hurt but my pride...well that and a layer or two of skin off my knee. Here's the video.

Sorry there was no video of the crash. It was on the way back at the end of the ride, and I used up the memory in the camera. 8)

Latest posts

Back