2fer (updated pics 10-27-07)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I've decided to build the "Future Schooling of Old School" Rat Rod Bikes. From this point forward, I shall affectionately refer to her as "2fer".

Her History:
About this time last year, one of the young delinquents, that lived in the park where I worked, wanted me to loan him some money for a Pepsi and cigarettes. I refused and he left, not only as in leaving the area but as in leaving his bike. I put it in lockup so no one would take it. I saw him the next day and told him it was in the lock up area and we got it out. He left the bike several more times over the week and each time I would lock it up. Finally I told him if he did'nt want the bike I'd buy it from him. He told me $25.00. I said that I'd give him $10.00 and he accepted.
He even loaded the bike in my van for me.

Later that day I saw him with a 12 pack of Pepsi and a pack of cigarettes. For him, life was good, at least that day! A few days later he waved to me from the rear window of the Police car that was taking him back to jail.

Any ways, the bike is a Mongoose tandem Mt.Bike. It has 21 speeds, most of which don't work, and a severely bent back rim. The frame is aluminum and is super light. The handlebars on it are ones for another project and are only on 2fer so I can move her around.
2fer0002.jpg

2fer0001.jpg

I have some ideas for her that will emerge over the next few weeks. I plan on putting dualing Bannanas for the riders. One big ol' sissybar on the back and some "reach for the clouds" handlebars on the front. Gonna check the junk bins for some cool crap to rat it out. I plan on using some of them thar red/brown tires on her and I've got some matching paint to throw on the frame in places. I'm sure I'll use alot of flat black and I'll try to find a coordinating color to go with the other two choices.
Hope my choice of bikes works out. After all it is the "Future Schooling of Old School" Rat Rod Bikes, affectionately known as "2fer"! :mrgreen:
Thanks,
Chainsaw

I do believe that has potential…
Can’t wait to watch her grow up…
Have fun…..

Mike

That looks like it might actually be pretty decent as a tandem. Too bad you aren't close, I might consider giving you my old Schwinn Tandem for it.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna get rolling on the build tomorrow. I'm gonna try sumthin' and if it works right ..... this could be a true headturner if not than atleast I won't get sued for giving people whiplash! :mrgreen:

Kemmer, I've got it bad for trikes and tandems. I think I'll keep this one for our FreakBike rides. But I got my eye on a few others in our area.

It's a great bunch of people and their bikes in the build off! The end should result in a great album of true Rats! Good luck to all!

here's and idea :)

turn it into a drag bike.

drop handlebars,
sit on the front seat
pedal with the back pedals
fabricate a drag wing from the back seat over the back tire.
fabricate a gas tang for the front part of the frame between the handlebars and the seat :)

I hope this gives you mind something to chew on :)

Doug

I think a tandem trike converted to a single forward rider and a 5ft long wooden stake bed would be cool hahaha
the ultimate swap meet hauler
my 45 second rendition without the trike part lol
staketrike.jpg

Only a midwesterner would think that sumthing like this is cool! Thank God I'm a country boy! :mrgreen: This is by far the best looking redneck swapmeet cart I've ever seen! Needs fenders with big lights mounted on them, tractor seat and a snowtire on the rear (that's all terain tire for you southern rednecks).
May I put this in my "Crazy Shtuff To Build" folder? That would be great for taking my Pot- bellied Hogs to market! Now I got to start a pot-bellied hog farm. :shock:

Thanks Hooch, if we lived closer the world would be pretty cool-scary! 8)

Chainsaw said:
Only a midwesterner would think that sumthing like this is cool! Thank God I'm a country boy! :mrgreen: This is by far the best looking redneck swapmeet cart I've ever seen! Needs fenders with big lights mounted on them, tractor seat and a snowtire on the rear (that's all terain tire for you southern rednecks).
May I put this in my "Crazy Shtuff To Build" folder? That would be great for taking my Pot- bellied Hogs to market! Now I got to start a pot-bellied hog farm. :shock:

Thanks Hooch, if we lived closer the world would be pretty cool-scary! 8)

tractor_tires.jpg

Latest posts

Back