28 Columbia?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi felllas,remember the friend i helped restor his Roadmaster?...well he must be happy, he gave me a bike.not sure what model, the badge is missing...thanks for the help :D

PC200799.jpg

PC200798.jpg

PC200803.jpg

PC200806.jpg

PC200802.jpg

PC200800.jpg

PC200805.jpg

PC200804.jpg

YOU. LUCKY. DOG! That is awesome! Good chance it is a Westfield/Columbia, thought the chainring is Snyder. Iver Johnson invented that truss bar frame style, but had their own 3 piece cranksets. I don't think Snyder made a truss frame, I know Schwinn did though. -Adam

cman said:
Sweet. That should be a fun project. This site may help you date it. http://www.vintagecolumbiabikes.com/sit ... serial.htm
thanks cman,hope to build it someday... :)

subadrew said:
COOL! lmk if you decide to sell =)
hahaha,thanks subadrew...a friend gave it to me,will be keeping it for future builds. :lol:

Rustinkerer said:
YOU. LUCKY. DOG! That is awesome! Good chance it is a Westfield/Columbia, thought the chainring is Snyder. Iver Johnson invented that truss bar frame style, but had their own 3 piece cranksets. I don't think Snyder made a truss frame, I know Schwinn did though. -Adam
thanks rustinkerer,yup smiled till it hurts...not sure if i'm going to restor it or rat it up. :D

Good day guys, i'll be building this bike but i still don't know the make and model of it.
Some said it's a Columbia but the frame doesn't look the same,here is one done by a member here...kindly check it out :|

PC200804-1.jpg

Picture086-1-1.jpg

thank you for your time and comments :D

It could be a columbia, but it's hard to say as it looks like a lot of the bike is not original. Columbia's frames show a lot of variation as they changed them a bunch through the years, the early arch bar frames are quite different from the late arch bar frames. The fork looks snyder/rollfast, but it looks like it is a later fork than the rest of the bike.

mos6502 said:
It could be a columbia, but it's hard to say as it looks like a lot of the bike is not original. Columbia's frames show a lot of variation as they changed them a bunch through the years, the early arch bar frames are quite different from the late arch bar frames. The fork looks snyder/rollfast, but it looks like it is a later fork than the rest of the bike.

Thanks man for your reply,appreciate it.Yup i guess all i have to do is just rebuild it,with it's parts all mixed up,it's doomed to be Ratted-out... :D Ride safe

ChrisMac said:
no matter what it is, it's AWESOME! Love it well.

Thanks for the positive comment...yup i love it,started some work on it.
I'll be posting some pictures soon. Ride safe :D

Latest posts

Back