1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

28 Columbia?

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by Cherryboxx, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Cherryboxx

Cherryboxx

hi felllas,remember the friend i helped restor his Roadmaster?...well he must be happy, he gave me a bike.not sure what model, the badge is missing...thanks for the help :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cman

cman Moderator

3. subadrew

subadrew

COOL! lmk if you decide to sell =)

4. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

YOU. LUCKY. DOG! That is awesome! Good chance it is a Westfield/Columbia, thought the chainring is Snyder. Iver Johnson invented that truss bar frame style, but had their own 3 piece cranksets. I don't think Snyder made a truss frame, I know Schwinn did though. -Adam

5. Cherryboxx

Cherryboxx

thanks cman,hope to build it someday... :)

hahaha,thanks subadrew...a friend gave it to me,will be keeping it for future builds. :lol:

thanks rustinkerer,yup smiled till it hurts...not sure if i'm going to restor it or rat it up. :D

6. burperusmaximus

burperusmaximus

7. Cherryboxx

Cherryboxx

8. Cherryboxx

Cherryboxx

Good day guys, i'll be building this bike but i still don't know the make and model of it.
    Some said it's a Columbia but the frame doesn't look the same,here is one done by a member here...kindly check it out :|

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thank you for your time and comments :D

9. mos6502

mos6502

It could be a columbia, but it's hard to say as it looks like a lot of the bike is not original. Columbia's frames show a lot of variation as they changed them a bunch through the years, the early arch bar frames are quite different from the late arch bar frames. The fork looks snyder/rollfast, but it looks like it is a later fork than the rest of the bike.

10. Cherryboxx

Cherryboxx

Thanks man for your reply,appreciate it.Yup i guess all i have to do is just rebuild it,with it's parts all mixed up,it's doomed to be Ratted-out... :D Ride safe

11. ChrisMac

ChrisMac

Oh, and by the way, that's Mister King Rat to you
    no matter what it is, it's AWESOME! Love it well.

12. Cherryboxx

Cherryboxx

Thanks for the positive comment...yup i love it,started some work on it.
    I'll be posting some pictures soon. Ride safe :D