26"x80mm rims to fit on a 24" frame set

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,
I'm new to site so go easy on me . I have just purchased a 2004-2005 Felt Red Barron complete bike . I wanted to change it up a bit . I came across a posting with people
posting their felt bikes . I DM the person that built these with no response yet . What I'm asking is What kind of forks did he use ? it looks like there is very little room for
clearance ? It is the Candy Blue one that i have the question for . Rims were 26"X80MM with 26x2.125 tires. looks like the rear end has clearance but the front is were i need direction on . what kind of forks are they / size ?. any help would be greatly appreciated . I'm new to these style of bikes , I'm mainly a 80's BMXer , but I love all style bikes .

Thanks

Mark Mendoza

clerance
3Felt_zpse9c27d06.jpg

They look kind of like the eBay china version of Hanebrinks. They used to come up on my fork searches fairly often, but I haven't seen them in a while. Tubes could be cut to length. They were definitely marketed to BMX...search terms triple tree or double crown should work if they are still being sold.

If money isn't a limiting factor, I believe Hanebrink still exists and makes to order forks.

Edit: I tried searching on eBay for the china forks...no luck.

I tried going to the Hanebrink site, won't come up. He died last year, his kids said they were going to keep the business going. Doesn't look like they did. If you are a facebooker (I'm not), you might search for Hanebrink there, he had a business page there at one time.

Last edited:
They look kind of like the eBay china version of Hanebrinks. They used to come up on my fork searches fairly often, but I haven't seen them in a while. Tubes could be cut to length. They were definitely marketed to BMX...search terms triple tree or double crown should work if they are still being sold.

If money isn't a limiting factor, I believe Hanebrink still exists and makes to order forks.

Edit: I tried searching on eBay for the china forks...no luck.

I tried going to the Hanebrink site, won't come up. He died last year, his kids said they were going to keep the business going. Doesn't look like they did. If you are a facebooker (I'm not), you might search for Hanebrink there, he had a business page there at one time.
Thanks for your input , I have a set o Redline Flight forks for a 20" bmx bike so I definitely know what your talking about .

I'm new to site so go easy on me
You're not on The Cabe anymore, friend. Welcome to where the nice people are on the internet.

On your left you'll notice several people trying to help, to your right you'll see the absence of anyone demanding "why do you want to know?" before refusing to help on principle. :D

Shortly after his death, the family announced that they would continue operations...
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/ind...nue-business-following-his-death#.X2SojKgpA0MHowever, the link in the article doesn't work...
http://danhanebrinkbikes.com/

From what I understand through a friend in the industry his son works elsewhere now. They had a sale on spare parts in the beginning of 2019 and that was pretty much the last word

My guess is they didn't or couldn't keep it going

From what I understand through a friend in the industry his son works elsewhere now. They had a sale on spare parts in the beginning of 2019 and that was pretty much the last word

My guess is they didn't or couldn't keep it going
Thanks for the update... bummer.

Thanks for the update... bummer.
He was going to snoop around a bit more and see what he could find. I told him might be worth digging to see if they were still warehousing any old stock somewhere :wink1:

Latest posts

Back