26 & Banana Seat ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about a white banana seat for my Christine movie themed bicycle so is there any length, size or whatever seat and sissy bar on a 26 inch bike or would be there no difference for 20 to 26?

Well the sissy bars would work but you can get 26" banana seats, You can put a 20" banana seat on a 26" bike but the sissy bar ends up being tilted forward if you know what I mean, cause the seats shorter. unless you run a laid back seat post you may be able to get away with it but for 26" seats there arent as many options for colors but white shouldnt be a problem

Ty

I bought a 26 inch banana seat off ebay for my spaceliner. It is only about 1 inch longer from the seat post to the holes for the sissybar. I still had to use a bent back post which I made by bending it with a pipe. The sissybar leans back now. See how much of the seat sticks through the sissybar. I was going to redrill the seat but used this method.

IMG_7891.jpg

They look cool but look too laid back for me, it's a 90's Murray when they changed the dropouts from the pointed ones if there is a difference compared to the pointed ones on that Spaceliner.

The one I have is a new straight seatpost that has some holes through the top of it that I got because the original was some how bent slightly, I wil keep on thinking about it further.

This sissy bar is for one of my other bikes but I took these pics to show what it would look like on my bike.

How do you measure a sissy bar and also to decide what size seat to use if I decide to go through with it?

PICT0754.jpg

PICT0757.jpg

That's just sooo wrong Scrumb. Hanging out outside the boys bathroom? What kind of a freak are you? :lol:

The length of the seat really depends on the seat post. I have a standard repop 20" banana seat on my 26" '47 Murray but got away with it because I'm running a laid back seat post. If I had a straight seat post it would not have looked right. They do make 26" banana seats if you are using a standard seat post.

26" banana seat with a 20" sissy bar on my Electra with 24" wheels.
I was looking to sit just above the rear tire.
I'm using the stock seat post.
100_2946.jpg

8) they look good, next time I get some money I might just get one.

If it doesn't work for me then they would be used for something else.

Latest posts

Back