1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

26 & Banana Seat ?

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by kngtmat, Apr 28, 2011.

1. kngtmat

kngtmat

I'm thinking about a white banana seat for my Christine movie themed bicycle so is there any length, size or whatever seat and sissy bar on a 26 inch bike or would be there no difference for 20 to 26?

2. Tychevelle

Tychevelle

Well the sissy bars would work but you can get 26" banana seats, You can put a 20" banana seat on a 26" bike but the sissy bar ends up being tilted forward if you know what I mean, cause the seats shorter. unless you run a laid back seat post you may be able to get away with it but for 26" seats there arent as many options for colors but white shouldnt be a problem

Ty

3. Jaxon

Jaxon

I bought a 26 inch banana seat off ebay for my spaceliner. It is only about 1 inch longer from the seat post to the holes for the sissybar. I still had to use a bent back post which I made by bending it with a pipe. The sissybar leans back now. See how much of the seat sticks through the sissybar. I was going to redrill the seat but used this method.

[​IMG]

4. M.Martian

M.Martian

I'm running a home made lucky 7 seat post with a standard banana.

[​IMG]

5. kngtmat

kngtmat

They look cool but look too laid back for me, it's a 90's Murray when they changed the dropouts from the pointed ones if there is a difference compared to the pointed ones on that Spaceliner.

The one I have is a new straight seatpost that has some holes through the top of it that I got because the original was some how bent slightly, I wil keep on thinking about it further.

6. kngtmat

kngtmat

This sissy bar is for one of my other bikes but I took these pics to show what it would look like on my bike.

How do you measure a sissy bar and also to decide what size seat to use if I decide to go through with it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. scrumblero

scrumblero

I welded some square tube onto the seat post, I thought I had a better pic, but I can only find this...

[​IMG]

8. M.Martian

M.Martian

That's just sooo wrong Scrumb. Hanging out outside the boys bathroom? What kind of a freak are you? :lol:

The length of the seat really depends on the seat post. I have a standard repop 20" banana seat on my 26" '47 Murray but got away with it because I'm running a laid back seat post. If I had a straight seat post it would not have looked right. They do make 26" banana seats if you are using a standard seat post.

9. StepChld

StepChld

10. theVULTURE

theVULTURE

26" banana seat with a 20" sissy bar on my Electra with 24" wheels.
    I was looking to sit just above the rear tire.
    I'm using the stock seat post.
    [​IMG]

11. kngtmat

kngtmat

8) they look good, next time I get some money I might just get one.

If it doesn't work for me then they would be used for something else.

12. Chips_Mahoy

Chips_Mahoy

Here's my JCH......I'm not sure why but I like the look of it w/ that seat. Kinda makes it have a lower profile look.

[​IMG]