24" Univega Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Got this 1983 24" Univega Cruiser 500 Last weekend for a fair price. The One thing that cought my eye was the bmx cruiser bars.. I did some checking this bike is pretty old skool cruiser and the only thing not origenal is the stormey archer 3speed hub rear wheel. Origenal foam grips, fluited seat post and tuf neck like seat post clamp and also the bmx style stem, Oh and also the origenal Dia-Comp break set.. I'm planning to go bmx style on this one for sure.. I have a set of 24" single speed BMX wheel set coming and I'm changing out the pedals and seat also for something more bmx like. I'll post some progress pic as I go.
Here is a pic of the cruiser..

Thats what caught my eye was them bars and 3pc cranks on your cruiser... I was going to ask if you would be willing to part with the bars but I'm pretty sure you put them to good use..
I ended up trading my Cruiser 500 for a set of 24" GT blue anno and chrome wheel set for my 24" cruiser build that I'm working on and also got an 80's 26" Jamis Earth Cruiser on top of the the trade too.. My Jamis EC is posted in the Fresh Finds..

Do you still have this bike? The red univega cruiser 500? I am restoring a chrome one, and looking for the original front wheel (24" steel, rim painted black, 36 spoke), and would like the seat and seat post. I have an extra black frame and parts

Latest posts

Back