• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

24" Rear Fender wanted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP! Desperately looking to buy a 24" rear fender for my motorized Build No. 3. pictured below. (Build thread on this forum).
I'm located in the UK (soon to move to Spain in the next few weeks) and try as I might, I just can't locate a suitable rear fender to help finish off this build. Managed to get my hands on a 24" "cruiser fender" a couple of weeks back courtesy of eBay - but it was too narrow to fit over my bike's 2.35 wide Schwalbe Crazy Bob tyre. I need a fender preferably 65mm wide - or failing that I can probably fall back by notching an 80mm wide ballooner fender if necessary to fit between the frame stays . Ideally fender will have a ducktail - but I can live without such a luxury if I have to. I realize shipping cost will be painful - but hey, I'll do what needs to be done.
Search your parts piles folks and let me know if you can help. Thanks for your time. Cheers, Pete

FSCN3847.JPG

I would use a Messerschmitt. I was just looking at auctions and parts listings in germany drooling. Or one of the other vintage puch, sachs etc. parts. When you say 24 are you talking bicycle tire sizes or motorcycle tire sizes

I would use a Messerschmitt. I was just looking at auctions and parts listings in germany drooling. Or one of the other vintage puch, sachs etc. parts. When you say 24 are you talking bicycle tire sizes or motorcycle tire sizes

Bike uses a 24" rear wheel shod with a 24 x 2.35 Schwalbe bicycle tyre.

Have you tried a 26" fender? With that tire you're probably close to the same height as a standard 26". :39:

Jim,
Bike runs a 26" front wheel, so I already purchased a pair of 26" fenders just to get a front fender. Sadly, the 26" rear fender is too large a diameter. The 24" x fender I also purchased for the rear is the correct diameter but at 52mm wide it's just not wide enough to fit over the tyre. I did attempt gently opening-up the 24" fender to 65mm width but doing that altered the diameter. What I really need is a wider 24" ballooner fender at least 65mm wide.

Thanks, but a full fender to compliment the bike's vintage vibe is what I'm after.
Appreciate your offer of help.

this is 16"x 3" in a 24" bicycle frame. Those dunlop size postwar motorbike should fit a 24" bicycle tire in the fenders. I have a Mokuli project. I can't ship them here though. I have some of the dunlop hoops here and I have a messerscmidt three wheeler frame. The front wheels were 16" or 20" in bicycle and the rear was larger

21558573_1651520508246496_4250159850001488639_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back