• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

24 inch Murray fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As the title says, I need a 24 inch fork for a JC Higgins girls bike. I also need the bracket for the truss rods. The bike I was given has the fork broken/cut off at the top of the head tube. As I said, the bike was given to me so I'm not wanting to spend a fortune on one. I'm not sure the bike will be worth anything even if I do find a fork for it and get the bike ridable.

IMG_20190527_121820778.jpg
IMG_20190527_121355309.jpg
IMG_20190526_205334725.jpg

You could get a donor fork and cut the steering tube off and cut yours off have it tig welded back together. Sand down the weld so the bearing race still fits over it. Or put the bearing race on before welding. Should be no more then 20 dollars from any good welder.

I'll give that some thought. Thanks for the idea. Not being a welder those ideas don't form in my head.

Latest posts

Back