24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup...it should fit on a 26x1.75 rim. Is it too tight? Too loose? There are several diameters of 26" rim, so that is why I asked.

It's understood...but it doesn't make sense. The Jerald ought to fit correctly on the "smallest" of the 26" family of hoops. The fact that it's loose makes me think that your rim is somehow undersized. Are you quite certain it isn't 24"?

It's understood...but it doesn't make sense. The Jerald ought to fit correctly on the "smallest" of the 26" family of hoops. The fact that it's loose makes me think that your rim is somehow undersized. Are you quite certain it isn't 24"?

i took 26 tires off. i'll snap a pic of it. in some spots the bead wont seat

Ahh, yes. A little soapy water on the bead may help get it slip on more easily. If you find a spot where the tire is "dismounting," check the area 180 degrees opposite. I'm betting you'll discover the bead is pulled inward there, causing the original spot to appear loose--it isn't. Just be persistent and the tire should mount squarely and properly along the entire bead seat...eventually.

Ahh, yes. A little soapy water on the bead may help get it slip on more easily. If you find a spot where the tire is "dismounting," check the area 180 degrees opposite. I'm betting you'll discover the bead is pulled inward there, causing the original spot to appear loose--it isn't. Just be persistent and the tire should mount squarely and properly along the entire bead seat...eventually.
i will it's just strange for it to do it now I've had the tire on a rim since 2012. all i did was air it up for the summer.

ok i tried a bunch of times still the same spot every time! then i found out my 12 year old was jumping curbs with it....the side walls have bulges where the bead bulges out

What you're missing in all your equations is that Jerald was considering making them for their own needs. Apparently there is a call for a 20" sulky for horse cart racing. But it's not a large enough call to justify the expense. My goal was to have the bicycle community support that move, showing they had a market outside their own target audience.

Obviously either they lost interest, or we didn't show enough support to justify it. Either way, I think it's a loss for us. Yes, there are some slicks out there. Some are 50 NOS that you can hope will hold up to actually riding (Some haven't). New tires, like Duro, fall short on size, claimed 2.125, but looking more like 1.75. Regardless, those are our options.

Latest posts

Back