24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jpromo said:
Anyone put one of these on a 24" Sears Spyder? I was hoping to be able to use the original rim which is set up for 1.75 tires but I know you can fudge it some. Thanks much.
I was wondering the same thing for the Spyder I'm about to build. But I think it may be too fat to give it a good Spyder look?

I am REALLY thinking of using a 26" for the rear of the custom 5-speed muscle bike I'm going to build for myself. I don't know if I want to go with white wall or not. hmmmm

CRASH said:
Jpromo said:
Anyone put one of these on a 24" Sears Spyder? I was hoping to be able to use the original rim which is set up for 1.75 tires but I know you can fudge it some. Thanks much.
I was wondering the same thing for the Spyder I'm about to build. But I think it may be too fat to give it a good Spyder look?

I am REALLY thinking of using a 26" for the rear of the custom 5-speed muscle bike I'm going to build for myself. I don't know if I want to go with white wall or not. hmmmm

Yea 24" jerald tire will fit rear on 24" spyder five speeds and pretty sure it will fit 10 speed too. But fender is fitting issue. A advice is fill the air after mounted it. :D

Oh yea, forgot to mention this. Jerald won't fit original rear rim. I had to order 24x1.75 28 holes from amazon for $12 plus shipping to replace original rim because the rim bead size is too large for jerald. And I had to buy new spokes too cuz original spokes are too long.

Not sure if this will help or not but this is a 24" jerald slick on a 24" (rear) Murray Eliminator
This was an early trial setup with my 24” Rear, (originally 20” front)
The Jared Sulkey fit with plenty of room

IMG_5187II.jpg

IMG_5177II.jpg

IMG_5193II.jpg

Good Luck
Steve

MplsCoaster said:
Not sure if this will help or not but this is a 24" jerald slick on a 24" (rear) Murray Eliminator

Good Luck
Steve

Is this frame originally 20" frame? Nice bike. I love eliminator frames and want one for next build.

freddyfingaz said:
MplsCoaster said:

Is this frame originally 20" frame? Nice bike. I love eliminator frames and want one for next build.

No, The frame was originally 24" rear with 20" front (with fenders)
I think without the fenders , it has lots of room for the Jerald slick. Similar to this one (couresty of Murray Eliminator)
24inchElimin.jpg

I actually switched it out the Jerald slick for a HoggyG at 24x 2.8" (advertised as 24"x3.45") and recumbent 24" front tire/wheel and road bike 24"fork (Still have to get this one done :oops: )
24inMockupII16Feb12.jpg

Thanks for the comps. I love mine and my wife likes hers too
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=eliminators

Good Luck with 24" bikes
Steve

MplsCoaster said:
freddyfingaz said:
MplsCoaster said:

No, The frame was originally 24" rear with 20" front (with fenders)
I think without the fenders , it has lots of room for the Jerald slick. Similar to this one (couresty of Murray Eliminator)

I actually switched it out the Jerald slick for a HoggyG at 24x 2.8" (advertised as 24"x3.45") and recumbent 24" front tire/wheel and road bike 24"fork (Still have to get this one done :oops: )

Thanks for the comps. I love mine and my wife likes hers too
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=eliminators

Good Luck with 24" bikes
Steve

I always wondering if 20" eliminator and 24" eliminator is same size. Is 24" frame bigger than 20"?

NO FREE SHIPPING

I don't know if it has been posted or not, but they no longer do free shipping for a pair of these. I just called and tried, but they said that offer was from 2010 and is not longer valid.

Re: NO FREE SHIPPING

kingfish254 said:
I don't know if it has been posted or not, but they no longer do free shipping for a pair of these. I just called and tried, but they said that offer was from 2010 and is not longer valid.

Yea I had to pay shipping. Also, best way to order it is by call to place order. Because their website is still develop and doesnt get full attention.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Sorry for the long hiatus, but it has been a crazy time..... I now have a 3 1/2 year old and 11 month old daughter, so my time on the forums has been limited.

I haven't forgot about anyone...... I have actually been contemplating some new colors for our slicks, so feel free to let me know you thoughts on what you would like to see and I'll entertain the ideas.

I recently started to sell some 28" Lobdell wood rims that I have had stashed from the early days and I have a TON of other wheels that may interest people.

Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] with any questions!

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Regards,

Tim G

First off, never used one but I am a huge fan! Do you have an Australian supplier?

Suggestions I can think off that may sell well:

A 20" version would be awesome!
Redline versions in any size! 8)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back