2018 SCHWINN APPLE KRATE - ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am excited about this bike. Mine arrives today... Did they really sell out in 2-3 hours? BTW, what was the serial number of yours?

They actually didn't sell out yet. Apparently what happened was that Amazon had only scanned in 100 of the 500 bikes at the warehouse so the system flagged it as sold out when it really wasn't.

My bike is number 215.

Im not into muscle bikes, but that looks pretty nice.
Are they paint or powder coated?
I like the wheels and drum but I don’t understand why they don’t put a nexus 3 with a nice SA thumb shifter on these bikes.

Im not into muscle bikes, but that looks pretty nice.
Are they paint or powder coated?
I like the wheels and drum but I don’t understand why they don’t put a nexus 3 with a nice SA thumb shifter on these bikes.

I'm thinking that it is actually powder coated. As far as the rear hub goes and making them a multi-speed bike, I'm assuming they wanted to keep the price point below $500 and assumed not many folks would actually ride the bikes to the point of needing multiple speeds. I've played around on the one I have enough to know that having a 3 speed on it may not make it that much of a better riding experience.

Gave it the wheelie test yesterday and it passed...

apple_krate_wheelie.jpg

The guy who got #001 sold it on Ebay for $900 already.

Pretty sure they were all mixed up because I got number 215 before they even went on sale.

Latest posts

Back