2013 Giveaway Get-A-Grip Bike Show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peatbog said:
:shock: Holy smokes, that is sweet!
Agreed! Nice new bike too, and the van looks good with those wheels on it! White van with tint and a nice set of wheels is a personal favourite of mine... :mrgreen:

Luke.

Good News the mule that was carrying the handle bars arrived yesterday in Cleveland. If I am lucky there will be enough strength in the mule to get them to my house today. The mule traveled 400 miles in 14 days, WoW!

okay on a serious note I worked a few hours on the bike yesterday. I worked on it afer a day of traveling East TN passing our show flyers. I mounted the vintage headlight yesterday and looks pretty well.
DSCN0597_zpsfce6d2b4.jpg

DSCN0598_zps0f05b008.jpg

I have ordered one of the old small vintage tail-lights that will mount on top of the tag mount so I needed a mounting hole. Therefore I made a mounting hole on top of the tag mount. There will be a small hole drilled in the bottom of the tail-light so when it is on a small amount of light will light up the tag.
DSCN0599_zps643cf320.jpg

DSCN0600_zpscf2e7bd9.jpg

LIke I stated early if the handle bars arrive today, there will be final assembly and then took apart to be powder coated. We are getting close to the end in good time for I want to be able to place this bike where it can be sceen and draw more attention to the show. I work at our local utility company with heavy traffic and may place it in our lobby. Thanks to those who have kept up wtih the build!

Thanks for the questions or question. To encourage people to vote for their favorite bicycle for the Peoples Choice Award, we ask them to pay $1 for each vote with the money going to the American Cancer Society. Every vote that is placed has a place for a name and phone number. We place all the votes in a box and at the end of the day we draw a lucky winner for the bike. I hope this answers the question on how the bike will be given away. It only takes one ticket to win but as the winner last year says, the more you vote the better your chances of wiinning the bike and the trophy. Thanks to everyone for watching the build.

Here we are at the end before it is sent out for powder coating. Southern Powder Coating will be doing the powder coating for us. Freddy has spent a life builidng custom street Rods and recently started powder coating. He was always very good at laying down some sweet paint so this has carried over into his powder coating and it is awesome. So here we have a good picture of what the bike will look like once completed. The only thing not on the bike is the tail-light but it should be in any day.
DSCN0603_zps78f88f78.jpg

DSCN0604_zpsdf84a0a3.jpg

So now we have started the dissasembly and should be in the powder coaters hands by this weekend. We will be adding the name on the chain gaurd along with some other cool graphics before it is acutally finished.

DSCN0605_zps66b0f875.jpg

DSCN0606_zpsbe8d44a9.jpg

Now we have the fun part of cleaning and polishing all of the parts so they will be ready to put together when the bike is all colored up. I still may replace the front sprocket if I can land one at a decent price. The one on the bike is decent for a rider so we will see. Thanks again for everyone watching and posting.

Peatbog said:
DSCF0507_zps24005224.jpg

:shock: Holy smokes, that is sweet!

I know!!!!!!!
Gives me some shifter ideas!!!! and other ideas too!!

The powder coating is now done. Souther Powder Coating of Ocoee TN has once again showed just how good they are at what they do. This would stand up against anyones paint work any day and have the durability to last a life time. Here are the pieces on my kitchen floor.
DSCN0609_zpsc7c7a68f.jpg

As you can see the tank really jumps out/off this color of the frame.
DSCN0611_zps7c563bee.jpg

Here is a shot of the side mount tag with the light now mounted.
DSCN0612_zpsb839939f.jpg

This weekend I will be at the Nashville TN huge swap meet at the fair grounds. I will have a booth outdoors promoting the show. If I can get myself in gear I will try to have this finished and on display at the swap meet. I will have t-shirts there forsale as well. If you are there look me up. Thanks!

Here it is Wednesday and I only have two days to finish the bike before I head out to Nashville TN to the swap meet this weekend. (Oh No, I am sounding like those guys on tv?) The show is acutally Sunday but set up is on Satuday for the vendors. I ordered the vinyl graphics yesterday and he said they would be done today. I have ordered a new front sprocket and hope it arrives today. This Columbia has a wierd set up for the front sprocket and drive train. I guess time will tell, I could use the one that is original but is rider quality. I did get a few things done last nght. It is a slow go as I clean up all the parts before they go back on the bike. Here it is the latest since last night. The frame really looks white in these pictures: however in person, it is a milky gray.

DSCN0613_zps22c6016e.jpg

Hope everyone can make it on March 23, 2013.

looks great I liked the orange too but I am a big fan of orange someone is going to be very lucky!

I can't believe it is 99% done. I say that in case I change something between now and the show. The vinyl Graphics came in from our local shop called Razberry'Z. They did a great job and donated them to this worrthy cause. The only decal that they did not do was the front badge. Since the original one was missing I picked up a nice HD one in the same colors of the bike and turned out great!
DSCN0622_zps1d5d4ff0.jpg

Now for the graphics Rasberry'Z did: First the downtube was patterned after the otiginal one that was on the bike. The only difference I added the year and left off Columbia.
DSCN0623_zps6791800f.jpg

Here shows the show name on the chain guard>
]
DSCN0624_zps223fbc19.jpg

Here we show the old school stripe on the rear fender in orange.
DSCN0625_zps2feec650.jpg

Here we show another shot of the down tube and the racing number plate.
DSCN0626_zps0d032249.jpg

Here we show the look of the rear tag and light. The light and tag both can be adjsuted seprerately and may need a little adjustment.
DSCN0627_zps5955f488.jpg

I was so excited about pictures that. . . . . . I took these this morning at 5:30 am in our local Wal-Mart parking lot under a street light. I will post better pictures soon.
DSCN0630_zpsda016ea6.jpg

DSCN0631_zps096b3c3a.jpg

DSCN0632_zps17ae7321.jpg

Thanks for all of the kind words and looking!

Wow! That really is an amazing looking bike! It has made it into my top ten list of bikes on the site, and that is not easy! :shock:
Very good job, wish I could be at the show to see it in person and be in with a chance of winning...

Luke.

I haven't been on here in a while and just had to check out the progress on the bike. In the background I have pandora internet radio playing and Hank Jr's "A country boy can survive" came on. As soon as I got to the pic of the bike showing the rear and the tag with the name of the bike 'Grace', the song was to the part where it says "We say Grace, We say maam. If you ain't into that we don't give a ...." i thought that was the coolest deja vu ever. Lol! Just had to share my wild experience with you guys. Oh, and the bike turned out awesome!
love it!

thats a great looking bike!
originally i was unsure of the seat choice at first but it really works with the overall look.
you nailed it!
whoever wins that is one lucky dude or dudette :lol:

The responce to this years event has been tremendous. However, don't worry we have a 100 10' X 10' spaces marked off at $10 each and room to double this if needed. So bring your whole family along with your trailer packed full of all of your bikes and parts. This event is rain or shine and raising money for the American Cancer Society. Hope to see you there.

It is only 10 days away from the show and hope you are packing all of your gear getting ready to head our way. We have advertised tremendously and will even be on TV this coming week promoting the show on our local morning show. Many of your are traveling out of state and appreciate your efforts as I have done so my self in the past just for the fun of the hobby. There are so many great looking bikes on here and would love to have you come out and show off your ride. Once agin this is a family event with something for everyone. I look forward to seeing you at this big event.

Latest posts

Back