2013 Giveaway Get-A-Grip Bike Show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I was able to get back on the bike. First I placed the Vintage Kelly rear slick on the rear rim I bought and placed it on the bike and it is too sweet!
DSCN0573_zpsb79999b5.jpg

I stated earlier the springer finally came in that I had ordered. It was listed as a springer for a Krate bicycle; however I believe it to be for a 24" bike. I have an original orange Krate and it was about 2" longer than the Krate? When I placed the fork tube up through the frame it was about 2" longer than it needed to be so I cut it donw to size and it woked out great?
DSCN0574_zpsa57eccf8.jpg

Now I believe the bike is taking on the true look of a vintage bobber.
DSCN0572_zpsb7ae7f95.jpg

I will place the ape hangers on once they are in and finish deciding on a solo seat. I am waiting on the white wall front tire as well.
I am not that far away from powder coating!!! Just think, someone will take this baby home on March 23, 2013

I am still waiting on a front tire along with a set of ape hangers with stem. However, today I hit the jack pot. Once again I am going to tell my age but remember the day when diamond tuck interiors where the rage? When custom motorcycles had the famous diamond tuck seat? Well check this out is this just not the coolest seat for this old school build?
DSCN0582_zpsb71f5a68.jpg

DSCN0583_zpsf656c0e3.jpg

DSCN0584_zps250a1f20.jpg

This is complete with the factory diamond tuck seat with old school springs and narrow enough to fit the old school theme. I now thinking of working on a side mount tag for the rear as well. Hope to see you in March!

We are planning the first ever Bicycle Poker Run ou our 4 mile greenway. (8 miles round trip)
Bicycle Poker Run: Fun for the entire family. Leave from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon any time in between. Riders must be back by 1:00 pm in order to submit your hand. You will ride 8 miles on the Cleveland Greenway with 6 stops along the way to pick 5 cards plus one wild card. The majority (95%) of the green is level with very small inclines to travel under roads. You will have a total of 6 cards to choose your best hand of 5 cards. Top cash prizes for top 3 hands. It cost $5 for each hand purchased and you can purchase as many hands as wanted. Fun for the entire family Most people ride the 8 miles in 1- hour so plan your take off time accordingly. Thanks!

Our shirts are in! I will ship Small through Extra Large for $20 each includes shipping and 2X for $23 each includes shipping. Email me and I will send you my paypal name and you can pay me safely through PayPal and I will ship out the shirt. Thanks for the procedds benefit the American Cancer Society.

DSCN0585_zps1f063b4a.jpg

DSCN0586_zpse1562de1.jpg

Send me your address and size shirt and I will box up and go by the postal service and ask? Then I will email you back with a total price. Thanks for your interest!

dorr said:
Send me your address and size shirt and I will box up and go by the postal service and ask? Then I will email you back with a total price. Thanks for your interest!
Will do! Just waiting for $'s in the bank. (Spent a bit more on the Cadillac bike than I intended this week.)
I will send you a pm and hope you have some left! :D

Luke.

The poker run will start from 11 am to 12 noon on show day. We need all the riders to be back in by 1:00 am in time for the drags. I think it would take the average person 1 hour to ride the greenway. I am needing card table sponsors. Sponsorship will cost $25 and the company or person will have thier name listed at the card stop as bing a supporter and will be announced at the show as being a sponsor. I need 6 sponsors at the $25 level. If you know of anyone let me know. Thanks!

Okay, i have had my second bcicycle part to get lost by USPS. The handle bars and stem were sent out of Winston Salem NC on January 8 2013 and today still no part. Even with a tracking number thay cannot tell me where it is? Hopefully it will show up late like the forks did. Well I did get in my new front 20 X 1 3/4 s-7 front white wall tire and in and have it on. I am hoping this weekend to have some time to get a little more creative and mount a side mounted tag. Any way here are the latest pics.

DSCN0587_zps3e67c716.jpg

DSCN0589_zps3b99ee15.jpg

DSCN0589_zps3b99ee15.jpg

totally diging that rear tire reminds me of one my friend had back when we were kids!

Here it is 11 days later and still no handle bars. Oh well, I still have two months before the show. When I build a bike I like to think in terms of realism. This usually means a hedlight, tail light and tag. One of the easiest mods to perform is making a tag holder. I may change this up a bit but this is what I did last night. I took some 22 guauge flat steel, a tag bought at Wally World, pencil and a few tools and made the tag mount.
DSCN0590_zps99f8642c.jpg

DSCN0591_zps25f7ea04.jpg

DSCN0592_zps0da39cb6.jpg

DSCN0593_zps51dd423b.jpg

I have my headlight picked out but haven't found the right tail light. We will see what happens today. Thanks for watching.

With no handlebars I am at a stand still and hoping they will come in Tuesday. So with that in mind I will tell you what I did instead. The weather here has been fantastic so I thought i would get a ride in. For Christmas I recieved a 3 speed Nirve Chopper. I put it together Saturday so I could ride Sunday afternoon. Needless to say this is the only new bike that I have ever purchased and actually put together and rode. Back in 2007 I bought 2 Schwinn Spoilers but they never got ridden because I built this bike from all the parts before they were ever assembled.
DSCF0507_zps24005224.jpg

The Nirve however did make it together in one piece (I did leave off the front fender) for the first voyage. I road our greenway today for an 8 mile round trip and made it in 45 minutes. Our greenway is fairly flat so mainly it was in 2nd and 3rd gear most of the time. I only used 1st gear twice for a breaf moment. Here is the bike right out of the Van for its first trip. Hope all of you got some riding in this weekend.

DSCN0596_zps3b5499c2.jpg

I am hoping the Nirve gets a custom overhaul before too long. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back