2011 Auction Bike- Finished pics are posted here!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those of you who haven't seen the Build Thread, we are hard at work bringing the "Speed Forum" bike to life. The bike will be raffled off and the proceeds will be donated to the site to help Steve maintain our virtual playground.

197171_202530159769083_100000363004937_707281_7859109_n.jpg

After Double Nickle and Dr. T's recreation of the Rust Rocket Deluxe last year the bar was set.

rustrocket_zine_e1.jpg

Garagegoon got the ball rolling planning, getting parts lined up, and really stepped up to build a bike to equal last year's auction bike.

Garagegoon had some family issues arise and he handed the reigns over to me. Here is what I brought home to begin with.

IMG_0516.jpg

Pick currently has the first batch for powder coating, super gloss black and ivory.

mikesbikes36 is currently working on recreating the truss rod fork set up from the picture. Once he is done and gets them shipped to pick he will get them coated as well.

Big thanks need to be given here-
garagegoon- for starting the build process, donating many of the parts including the frame
pick-handling the powder coating and donating some parts as well
65rat- for throwing a Bendix red band kickback in the mix
kingzeeba1- donating an awesome Brooks saddle and the goggles
mikesbikes36- building the forks
double nickle- for the awesome RRB plate on the front of the bike
axsepul- donated the vinyl on dubby nic's plate and a sweet license plate
XC204- Donated the forks and also extended the steer tube so they would fit out frame.
peatbog-sent the we needed
450redrider- gets credit for the stem and pedal hardware
LowpowerD- has a friend to cut our spokes for us.
deorman- is supplying the tubes
ratfink1962- Took care of the bearings
Critter1- Hooked us up with some sweet white pedal blocks and the solid sprocket

If I missed someone please PM me so I can get you on the list. We already have over 25 pages on the build thread and I know someone got left out.

Finally we need to thank Rat Rod for giving us this site where we can come together and share our passion.

Re: 2011 Auction Bike- "Speed Forum" bike comes to life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ

Although I can't wait to see this thing done, I think the auction figure would be higher if it was around tax time, or at least after the Holidays. I would LOVE to have this bike (I know that even before it's finished), but no way I get away with buiying it for myself right before Christmas.

I need to talk somebody into buying for me...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Just wanted to give a summary of the past few days of post from the build thread.

pick is just about done with the first batch of powder coating
auctionbike012.jpg

The forks and custom fabbed truss rods are in the mail and should be here soon.

IMG_20111025_113141.jpg

The pedals, spokes, helmet and goggles have been found, plus our Jerald Slicks got to garagegoon today.

I know it may be hard to figure out how this much progress can fill 5+ pages, but there has been a lot of smack talk among my Co-builders over which one of them will bid enough to win the bike. I have my thoughts on the matter.

Check out the build thread and let us know what you think.

It's Looking Sweet :D

Wow, the bike looks great! :D

All the parts are coming together. I am picking up the bearings that ratfink1962 supplied tonight. Pick should have the last bit of the powder coating done this week. I am still watching the mailbox for a few more parts to show up. If all the stars align correctly we will see assembly begin this weekend. I am going to come up with a creative way to document the build for everyone's enjoyment.

Re: 2011 Auction Bike- Build Video Posted!

That is just too cool ! the bike the vid and the whole deal!

Re: 2011 Auction Bike- Build Video Posted!

I have arranged to get together with all of the Wichita Coaster's members who contributed to the build. We are going to take some group pics, get the final pics of the build, and go for a ride to give us all a chance to ride it before it goes up on the block. Gagagegoon, pick, 65rat, LowpowerD, and myself will be there. If there are any other local members who would like to join us Saturday at 11 send me a PM and I will let you know where we are meeting.

Latest posts

Back