$20 eBay purchase

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching this Dynacraft West Coast Limited Chopper bike on eBay for several days. It was listed as a brand new chopper bike for 7-12 year olds. I thought that the description was off and I knew that the shipping ($125) would hold the bids down. Considering that it was located within 50 or so miles from my house I figured I could pick it up and save the shipping. I ended up getting the bike for $20.50. The bike is definitely not a little kids bike....its over 7 ft long has triple tree forks, aluminum handle bars and 24" wheels with 24x3 Kenda Flame tires. It came with a mini stingray seat with a small sissy bar but it was very uncomfortable....I replaced it with a cheap Bell seat from Walmart for now. I will eventually break it down and build something custom with the parts but for now my kids are enjoying it...

DSC09178-vi.jpg

DSC09182-vi.jpg

Here's a pic of it next to my 26" cruiser.....this is the original seat that it came with. You can see how stretched the frame is...

greenbike2-vi.jpg

Thanks ....Jim Mac

Sweet score, I'd have designed the rear section differently though, doesn't flow with the bike's lines as much as I'd like, still cool though.

My plan was to remove the wheels / tires and front end and scrounge up an old cruiser frame and build my own bike. That is still my plan....I just have to wait until my kids get tired of riding it. I figured that for $20 it was worth it for the parts alone.

Great looking bike! You got quite a deal. Congrads on your smart shopping.

jpmcnam58 said:
I figured that for $20 it was worth it for the parts alone.

This quote gets my vote for understatement of the day. Great score, man, and I'm so envious of your score, I'm greener than that bike! :mrgreen:

I'd personally chop the center tube out, it doesn't flow with anything on the bike at all. Add in some metal and smooth out the chain-stays, chop and move the top tube an inch or two to flow into the seat-stays, chop the tails off the bottom even with the rear drops and smooth that out, rotate and possibly lengthen the rear fender, trim the chain guard so it looks more like a big boy's bike rather than something from a 16 inch Barbie bike, and extend the rear frame to create a fender brace, then throw on some upside down longhorn bars and ride it till the wheels fall off. Possibly lengthen the fork and rake it too. Maybe paint it flat black and do some wicked red and white pinstripe.........just some thoughts.
DSC09178-vi.jpg

I figured I'd do a quick photochop just to see what the bike would like in black....reminds me of an old flat track racer...

blackbike2-vi.jpg

jpmcnam58 said:
I figured I'd do a quick photochop just to see what the bike would like in black....reminds me of an old flat track racer...

blackbike2-vi.jpg

Looks nice, my favorite number too, Dale Jr rocks!

Latest posts

Back