2 day Newsboy Special build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
After getting back from the KKOA Spoke-tacular show in Salina and all the interest I had for the last ratbike 2 day build I did last winter (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34935) I decided I needed to do another so the Newsboy Special project (same frame as the Thunderbolt but older I think) got started .
OK, the 2 day build part is really only possible because I bought about 7 bikes a while back that had already been disassembled, striped and frames primered. So anyway. Day one: I painted the frame & fork satin black, mounted the tires to the felt 55mm wheels I just got from RRB member Rydr1, recovered the seat and cleaned all the chrome parts. Day 2, was pretty much just reassembling everything. The bike rides great, but I still have a few minor touches I need to do, like finishing the chain guard etc. Also have the massive balloon fenders that go with, but not sure how they fit with this rendition.

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

gona start another 2 day build with the 49 Huffman frame and rusty Zephyer tank I have next.

Love those Firebolt frames. Cool build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

nice to see it finished and off the shop floor! very cool.

I love the lines on those frames.
Great looking build.

Latest posts

Back