1st Thursday of every month Guilford CT -June 4th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a group bicycle cruise on the first thursday of every month. The first cruise will be thursday June 4th. All bikes and riders are welcome !! The rides will start at 7pm from the broken spoke bike shop. We will cruise at just the right pace and there are plenty of good roads around,as well as a couple bars.(If anyone is interested) We are right near the shoreline and just off the town green. Our address is 11 water St., Guilford, CT 06437 for you "map-questers". For more info call the broken spoke (203)453-0360 and ask for Chris..... Hope to see you cruisin'

I'll go for you Joey.

If you are unfamiliar with Guilford let me tell you that it is a very beautiful small shoreline town. The town green (one block from Broken Spoke) is very large. The ride to the beach is short enough too.

Joey, you should come down to Guilford for a am ride then. I am a morning person weirdo and not opposed to riding at 7 or 8 am, I don't have to open the shop till 10. Let me know.

Joey I demand you get new hours!

I might make one of the Guilford rides. What's that bar right around the corner from the Monroe building where all the locals go? Can we go there? Huh, can we?

What was mean??????? I am confused by that.

I am not sure of the bar you are referring to, but it sounds like a good time to me! I am usually more of a package store guy, but a couple at the bar won't hurt the wallet too much.

ya Glen, what/who was mean? He's probably losing it from counting de-monay.

I think this is the building the bar I'm talking about is in:

3528013657_26b90c99b4_o.jpg

No, that is the Guilford Greenery Florist. The building on the opposite side of the parking lot to the right is where the bike shop is, but also Shepard's tavern, which is right next door to us at the bike shop. That's right a bike shop and bar in one building!!!!! Also about two buildings down on the left form the one with the arrow is augur's Irish pub. I think Shep's is a tad more of a local dive. And there is also a package store across the street!!!! And for all of you who are well behaved behind the greenery is an ice cream shop!!!!

i got a cruiser 1 steel
well not yet boskipper has to put the order in!
but i just picked up an all orignal 1970 schwinn sting ray delux!

Boskipper-

Looking forward to riding with you one of these days. If not this one then another date.

My schedule is kind of weird and for any given day I could be working days, nights, or be off,
so I always have to check.

The 4th I'm working days which means until 7pm, so I won't be able to get down there till too late...
but another date I'm sure will work out. In the meantime you are welcome to come up to one of
our rides, just a few exits east of ya:

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride2009.html

See you soon,
--Rob

i grew up on forbes pl and moved around a bit used to live right by you in thoughs aprts across from the corner stop. but i live up in foxon now right up behind 80 in that staven north haven north branford conrner, but i guess my true staven roots are to the center!

I have deep 'staven roots myself. Most of my family lives in the center or foxon, not that I am proud of that. "staven center is good for rat rod crusin too, we should do that some time.

The center is good for cruisin, but we could use a few more bars.

I love East Haven. Lived elsewhere and saw the same issues EH has in every other community. So I moved back home. I volunteer my time to try and make my town even better.

Where in Foxon? I grew up on Hellstrom Road, played baseball in The Pit, and even witnessed one of the now infamous July 4th explosions there. We'll have to chat at the ride on June 4th. Should be fun.

im on thompson st.
the only thing that this town could use now is to have joe maturo back as mayor!

Latest posts

Back