1997 Dyno-Glide Taxi---DONE and riding!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After waxing the frame down, i was hoping for a brighter yellow. It has a dark hue to it, so I may get some of the green stuff and go at it again. Or maybe it's ok.

DSCI0128.JPG

I found another number, maybe the month and day of build? Anyone know?

DSCI0129.JPG

That's the same paint job, but I've never seen that frame, it isn't on the Dyno webpages. If Dyno started making cruisers in 95, the oldest one would be 22 years old, yet that one was in a garage for 30 years.

I wonder if that's one from of the last bikes before Dyno ceased to exist.
00J0J_gqntzS2J226_1200x900.jpg

I can find them on the net (many of the links come back to RRB :bigsmile:)...but I can't find anything definite on year. Looks like the Dyno Enduro 4 and Moto 7 may have coexisted in the same years, if that helps.

Sharp looking bikes!
Jason

My brother's '97 deluxe had a 1006 (October 6th?) on the bottom bracket.
Then that's proof enough for me! My bike was built on my birthday! :banana:

My 41st birthday, but still a good thing.

EDIT: I did some more research. The 3rd and fourth numbers after the year in the serial denotes the month. Mine is F9710xxxx, October. Maybe it sat for a week or two before they stamped the other numbers in early November and painted it.

Last edited:
Well I don't know about that Kannapolis frame either. Just speculation ; some Dyno models were altered and sold to the European market only. I read that the rules and regs there required a front brake. Congrats on your score Wildcat . Enjoying this build and discussion.

Since it won't be original, I think black tires might look better than whitewalls. The thick slicks are 30 bucks each, out of budget range. I just spent 15 bucks on the registration. I've put 3" tires on a Glide before, as seen in my black/white bike earlier. There is a new pair of 26 x 3.0 Duro whitewalls on CL that caught my eye, but $45 is stretching it.
00I0I_2RIJ5cCgEz4_600x450.jpg

The seller said the original price was 30 bucks each. So, I looked it up and a walmart ad showed up with the 26 x 3.0 blackwall version for 18 bucks each!
9dd70ba4-6c03-4fde-8905-544b7a3c17c7_1.b8bff38b9701df0b521b8c2f79537e6d.jpeg

So I ordered up a pair, free shipping! Until I entered my zipcode. 30 bucks each for shipping, grand total near $100!

So, I went to walmart and checked with the manager to see if they could get a shipment of them to avoid the shipping. Their price may be a little higher but within my range. It will get forwarded to the dept head tomorrow morning. Can't hurt to ask.

Why not the original like CST? I think they look great on those bikes and also are ones of the cheapest you can get (at least where i live). They also make them black walls as i am concerned.

Why not the original like CST? I think they look great on those bikes and also are ones of the cheapest you can get (at least where i live). They also make them black walls as i am concerned.
I just might. The 3 inch Duros were already gone. Walmart never did anything. So just for fun, until I go to the bike shop for some CST's (they have them but need to order them?) Only 20 bucks each.
I tried blackwalls and whitewalls I have on the bike to see what looks better. I wonder how the 68 spoked black wheels would look with whitewalls? But I'd already spent a couple hours in the sun so that was it for today.

DSCI0028.JPG

DSCI0029.JPG

I'll probably go with black bars and stems, the only chrome being the cranks and chain wheel.

I just remembered my chrome grips with the skulls, so it'll get chrome bars and seat stem too. I just went to get the stem, still not showed up yet, but I did get a pair of handlebars,
Electra cafe bars.

DSCI0033.JPG
This was the day it was to be all put together, but prep for the wife's bday tomorrow and trying to get a new apartment used up way too much time, so this is as far as I got.

Latest posts

Back