1989 Schwinn Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Giant-made Cruiser on Craigslist for $65. Its in a lot better condition than the seller showed. Here it is as-purchased:

6b0ee7e163d3c4f699af0f9df0db7f73.jpg

And after my first mod (haha):

1adbf2f0159dcd4b195b3e8cb3f141eb.jpg

The chrome's in pretty decent shape, typical chips and scratches in the paint, seems like everything's lubed up pretty well. The saddle, tires and tubes are toast.

First order of business is a new saddle and try to find a laidback seatpost (I'm 6' with a 34" inseam), replace the tubes and tires - thinking Fat Franks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always liked those With the bmx straight fork and stem. I think even the pink ones are cool.

Some guy has had one on cl here for years. I want to say he was around 500.
I think it's cool and I'd buy one. But not for 500$.

These a nice bikes for the money, looks great in black, I picked up one in blue 1988 last year off CL for $40, now its yellow!

These a nice bikes for the money, looks great in black, I picked up one in blue 1988 last year off CL for $40, now its yellow!
Funny you should post on this thread today. I just "woke up" and started up the project again. Ordered some creme Fat Franks (and tubes and rim strips), and i have a set of Thompson grips and saddle coming my way as well. The bike's been re-purposed to be used by my older daughter - I decided not to be selfish. Unfortunately, she goes to the only art school that I know of that only provides typical bike racks for the students to park their bikes - no bike lockers, bikes not allowed inside buildings. So, I may force her to keep it at home until she graduates next year.

Be sure to post pics when its done.

Latest posts

Back