1983 SCHWINN PREDATOR COMPETITION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bought this one from a forum member who lives close to me.

Plan to give it a complete overhaul and display it in my office at the church.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Re: 1982 SCHWINN PREDATOR TEAM ALLOY

Nice score, cant wait to see it cleaned up. I am starting to get a warm spot for these old chrome BMX So far I have two Royce Unions, a Kawasaki that I just picked up and I just received a Haro thats not chrome but a clearcoat over bare metal. It has the sickest squaretube bmx bars I have ever seen.

That reminds me of the new one my parents got me back in the day! It came with goofy black & neon green spacey looking decals all over it, plus reflectors and a chainguard, all removed by me as soon as I could get away with it! Ended up lookin' a LOT like that one! :D ~Adam

Rustinkerer said:
That reminds me of the new one my parents got me back in the day! It came with goofy black & neon green spacey looking decals all over it, plus reflectors and a chainguard, all removed by me as soon as I could get away with it! Ended up lookin' a LOT like that one! :D ~Adam

I had a similar one as well but left the decals on and added a set of yellow tuff wheels. Man, I wish that I still had that bike.

Re: 1983 SCHWINN PREDATOR TEAM ALLOY

I have the same bike. Looks like yours got a few upgrades in it's lifetime. Maximizer tires, CW bars and the Uni seat are great period add-ons!

You lucky RatRod..
I have had a few Predators over the years. My favorite was the Competetion. Never did find a "Black Shadow". Now I only have 4 BMX bikes left. One is a chrome Scrambler, 2 Schwinn Z's and a Schwinn Brian Foster Signature.

Great Score...

Rustinkerer said:

Nice .

Too bad you did not save the stickers, you could send to me :)

Looking for a set for my non-chrome 83 Predator. ( That I got from forum member Tin Machine , thanks again :) ..

good find, enjoy !

~ AL

Ha,didnt look at the dates and was gonna beg those Maxi's from you..Then i seen the "UltraHive" decals and knew....musta been a while back.Check/,/,

Man, where do you find all these super Rad bmx bikes! That thing is so clean!! :shock:
Didn't notice the resurected thread date, still a dope bike though!!

Latest posts

Back