1972 Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by horsefarmer, Mar 19, 2017.

1. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

Picked this up yesterday, Don't know much about it except that it had been setting for many years.
    March 18 2017 005.jpg March 18 2017 004.jpg March 18 2017 003.jpg
    Tires were out of round from setting and rear tire bead would not set in rim. Put a few psi in both tubes (not enough to pop the tubes but just enough to make the tires round again. Today I was able to seat the beads and put 30 psi in both tires. Took it around the block shifted fine no weird noises but brake pads are pretty hard and not very effective.

Rat Rod and hammer mechanic like this.
  2. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT # 1 Seller !

Those bikes always clean up real nice , cool license plate ta boot , congrats.

Rafael

horsefarmer likes this.
  3. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

Thanks! There was a more modern bike registration sticker I got off the seat tube, and a couple of house paint dribbles that came off with lacquer thinner. any helpfull hints re: cleaning the chain guard? I don't want to wash away the original graphics.

4. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT # 1 Seller !

Oh yah , be very careful those letters come off really easy, I've always just cleaned around them , good luck.

P.s. you might to look up that job in the "how to do " thread.

horsefarmer likes this.
  5. xray

xray

If the wheels are round and the bearings don't bind, it will clean up and be a decent rider. The old Schwinns are bullet proof otherwise, and most lady's bikes never got that many hard miles on them. Sturmey Archer 3 speed - as long as it was never stored under water or in a fire, it will probably work fine for our lifetimes.

horsefarmer likes this.
  6. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

I'm sure the bike had few miles over the years. When I saw the (typical bad) pic on C/L I could see the seat and pedals had little wear. This bike still has Schwinn made in USA tires on it. :thumbsup: