1968 SEARS SCREAMER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you guys know how it is.... when your co-workers learn that you're a bike geek they start sayin things like..... " so, you are always playing around and buying old bikes, see if you can get me a ......that i had as a kid "
well i found it for him. he showed me pics online ( he googled it and he showed me what he had )
i bought it, washed it real quick to get the funk and grease off it. i cant believe how complete this thing is ( besides the tires ). im gonna clean it up a little bit ( i dont want to clean it too much, it'll take the fun outta playing with his old bike again )
so im planning on bringing it to work and let him fall in love with it ( you know , emotional attachment stuff :wink: )

i must admit , i hope he hates it :D
it would fit right in to my musclebike collection nicely 8)

before

001_zpsc79165b3.jpg

003_zpsda92580a.jpg

after a quick bath

009_zpsb2da0a44.jpg

Very cool find!

Well there's one on Toronto Craigslist right now. He picked it up in Wisco 25 years ago. Asking $250 but said first $200 takes it!
It's not quite as nice as yours though!
ScarboroughScreamer_zpsd592bfcf.jpg

That is not a screamer frame its a Murray Mark IV I believe & that frame is a great find.. :D It does look like a screamer guard though.
late for dinner said:
Well there's one on Toronto Craigslist right now. He picked it up in Wisco 25 years ago. Asking $250 but said first $200 takes it!
It's not quite as nice as yours though!
ScarboroughScreamer_zpsd592bfcf.jpg

I just thought I'd offer it up for fodder. The guy has it listed as a Screamer.I honestly didn't look too close, but it a cool frame too.
It's not something that I'm after though. Unless I should be. (PM me on that if you want, but no hi jacking this thread please) :)

That is a Murray Eliminator frame with screamer handlebars and screamer guard. A murray eliminator is a collector bike but with out the guard it is almost always a no sale. You can't find a eliminator guard for less the 300 if you can find someone who will sell you one. That is one of the hardest guards to find on it's own. You 68 screamer is a great find. This is the closest to the original Hunt Wilde tape for the handlebars you will find. Correct Hunt Wilde tape goes for 60 to 100 a roll.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HANDLEB ... 43a41c4b4f

333 said:
how long are the forks on this bike? im really trying to find a pair...

before
001_zpsc79165b3.jpg

003_zpsda92580a.jpg

after a quick bath

009_zpsb2da0a44.jpg

I'll have to measure them up for you. Plus some detailed pics of the fork ( they are specific to the 68 as far as I can tell, there is a really funky amber reflector that is shaped like a fog light on a built in bracket )
It's in my storage garage ( turns out the guy that I found it for was laid off, so I still have the Screamer ) Which is not a terrible thing :wink: ( cuz in my initial post I mentioned how I was falling in love with it and " hope he hates it" ) :lol: :lol: :lol: I feel bad for the guy though, but not bad that I own a 68 Screamer!!

333 said:
how long are the forks on this bike? im really trying to find a pair...

The forks are 24 inch rat trap forks. The only difference is there is a brace to mount the reflector in the screamer forks.
Here is a pic of regular 24 inch rat trap forks on a 68 screamer type frame

Latest posts

Back