1968 Sears Screamer Need Help Please,

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attempting to restore a 1968 Sears Screamer.
4.jpg
From the ad picture, I cannot tell if the color is yellow or gold? I am thinking gold since the handlebar tape is gold? I am in need of a chain guard and rear fender.
2.jpg
Is anyone repopiing the longer rear fender as this is little longer than the stingray fender. Thanks for your time and help.

Veyr cool bike! Nice little project there!

Looks like you have all the good parts for it, seat, sissy bar, shifter. Those would be the tough parts to find.

The color that matches best is Pagan Gold from House of Kolor. I have a local friend who restored one and he used that color. It was spot on!

For the chainguard, the type you want was also used on Sears Spyders. They look the same, but the problem you'll find with the Spyder guard is that the hole in the back for mounting to the frame on the Spyder guard is too far down toward the bottom of the guard. The hole won;t line up with the hole in the frame.

Still, if you need one and one pops up on eBay it can be used. Just look for one where the back hole looks 1 1/2 up from the bottom of the guard.

Latest posts

Back