1968 Columbia Rambler Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Getting this excellent survivor quality Columbia Rambler Deluxe from @kingfish254 via a FB Random Prize Drawing page.

This is a big boy version of the Playbike I had as a kid.
Love those one piece handlebar forks, or ‘handleborks’ as KF says.

The paint is in great shape, the seatpost decal is amazing, as is the original glitter saddle.
4c4ab8142838e50aa3be322d235c0acb.jpg

Looking to replace the existing newer Continental tires with some whitewalls, maybe stack them 2.125 rear/1.75 front (assuming the frame is wide enough in the rear)with some ducktail fenders. Oh yeah, and some Thompson silver glitter coke bottle grips.

I’ll open a build thread when I get the goodies in for it.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was so cool to see your number spin around and land on that!!! I'll get that over to you in the next couple of days. I look forward to seeing you put your touches to it. CONGRATS again bud!!!!

The famous John Brain posted these ads on FB regarding this bike. Looks like white grips and whitewalls are in my near future. Also gonna double check the serial number to be sure, these pics (and me) are from 1966, that would pretty cool
594d0a24d9073454e52e9ecef8d0e437.jpg

37c472ba5b0f57a65a977afa391b83e9.jpg

07a4107aa5863731ab484bfb317c9d64.jpg

Little update, haven’t taken it completely apart and reassembled yet, but I did add some new whitewalls and white grips. Rides nice, bar position makes it feel a little small, but it’s such a nice survivor.
24481e2116c35f7419242bf140aca150.jpg

Little update, haven’t taken it completely apart and reassembled yet, but I did add some new whitewalls and white grips. Rides nice, bar position makes it feel a little small, but it’s such a nice survivor.
24481e2116c35f7419242bf140aca150.jpg

Let's ride. Soon!

Those white walls and white grips are exactly what it needed.
It looks just like the original ad pic now.

Those handleborks are doing EVERYTHING for me right now! So much cool! What is the steering like with the straight legs?

Pretty neutral for me, not ‘twitchy’ at all. But I’m used to riding a straight BMX fork with a short stem on my strandie

Those white walls and white grips are exactly what it needed.
It looks just like the original ad pic now.

As we discussed, I may try to find a subtle laid back seatpost, nothing too exaggerated, to give me a little more cockpit room and make it more comfortable to ride.

Latest posts

Back