• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1967 Schwinn Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Need to create space in garage so up FOR SALE is my 1967 24 inch Schwinn Typhoon. Frame is in great shape along with Chainguard, orignal paint. Has oversize wheels and rims as you can see. Currently installed large rear sprocket will send std size sprocket with bike. Asking $200 shipped. Would also discount for local pickup in DFW metroplex.

Do you have a shot comparing your 24" beside a std Schwinn 26" canti? or maybe a couple of overall measurements? Never seen a 24" Schwinn on such beefy tires "in the flesh".

He bought the wheels and tires from me and they used to be on this...

9441_fc5d1f2b237db4a7bb03ea5d85dcbdca.jpg

Here is what I took picture wise this afternoon, compared to my 26 inch stingray retro, and some quick measurements with a yard stick. Showing ride height, seat height and position of handlebars. Hopefully this will provide what you are looking for. Thanks for your interest. Getting some bites but that is all.

little under 24 inches

seat about 27.5 inches

handlebars right about 30 inches sorry about ruler being on wrong side of bars

Really want to move this, this weekend. Price Drop to $175.00 shipped. Goes back up on Monday then off to the bay, or tear down and back to box for later projects. Thanks to everybody who has expressed interest.

Latest posts

Back