1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

1966 Coppertone Junior Stingray

Discussion in 'MUSCLE BIKES' started by nateyboy, Jul 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM.

1. nateyboy

nateyboy

I'm hoping some of you muscle bike experts can shed some light on my latest purchase. Serial number begins with "JB..." which I believe makes it a September of '66. I read a little bit about the Juniors, but have absolutely no idea what is correct/original to this bike. Clearly it's missing the 3-speed rear wheel, and I'm pretty sure the giant sissy bar isn't stock. I'm not sure about the Mesenger seat (but I dig it), or if it should have bow pedals instead of the regular block pedals currently on it. It does also has a full Miller generator headlight and taillight set.

I'm not sure what my plans for it are yet, but I would love to know more about it. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGold and carterz like this.
  2. scrumblero

scrumblero

3. scrumblero

scrumblero

I might have a 28h three speed SA around somewhere.. ;)

nateyboy likes this.
  4. scrumblero

scrumblero

The rim is a S-5 24".. I can pull it down and clean it up if you want to know the year and make sure it works.. KIMG0914.JPG KIMG0911.JPG