1964 Murray Spaceliner head badge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently bought a Spaceliner f/f and the head badge is totally faded. I’d like to find a repop or to get mine restored or at the very least get a sticker version made but I can’t even find a picture of the original condition of the one I have. Here’s a picture of the faded original on the bike. Please help! Thanks.

Attachments

• 07E042A2-3164-44C7-9EEB-36ECB1B4445B.jpeg
    07E042A2-3164-44C7-9EEB-36ECB1B4445B.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 123
If you could post a pic of the whole bike, that may help. Spaceliner is used as a general term for a specific Murray built frame design...however, the Murray version isn't a Spaceliner (that's a Sears model name), it would be something with 'flite' in it...like Astro Flite, or Strato Flite, etc...

Also, the early Spaceliner was built on what is generally referred to as a Flightliner frame...which is a completely different four tube frame :).

That's why a pic might help track down what you are looking for. The majority of Spaceliners, and variants, had tanks that wrapped around the head tube...they didn't have badges.

Looking at Murray catalogs, it looks like this would be a Speed Flite. None of the catalogs that had Speed Flites showed your badge, but, they are all artist depictions and not necessarily accurate.

1963 murray pg4.jpg

Note the black fork lowers.

Is there a site that I can look up the serial number?
Here's the long answer :grin:...

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/murray-serial-number-project.7014/

There is a lot of conflicting info in that thread...but, if you read all 17 pages you'll be only somewhat confused.

Here is a slightly shorter answer, for Sears Spaceliners...but, you can glean a lot of relevant information...

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-sears-spaceliner-reference.35629/

Jason

Attachments

• Murray serial chart.jpg
    Murray serial chart.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back