1963 Columbia Firebolt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a cool idea, I have plenty of golf balls around. Maybe 1 of the ProV1 I always find in the trees. Wonder how much of a pain in the butt it will be to drill a hole on a modern golf ball, remember the old Titliest that were wound.

How high do you have to raise it? Maybe something like this added to the kickstand tip?

51712_8_Ball_keyring_600px.jpg

Modern golf balls are solid inside. I carve them. It is very easy to drill or cut. The skin is the hardest part.

Figured that they would be, if it come to that just got message from a wonderful ebay seller that apes will not be here until next week. Didn't ship for 7 days after payment received. So I have time to try and come up with something. Golf ball is leading the way right now.

Golf ball suggestion works great, Bike sits at a much better angle don't have to be worried that if someone looks at it wrong it would fall over.

That kickstand is really cool. Have you given any thought to putting the torch to it and straightening it out a bit and putting a small extender on the tip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice build! :41:
for the stand, if you willing to cut the tip of the stand , just a bigger tube over it with a lock screw could look really good , a bit like the ajustable kickstands
DSCN4939.jpg

How high do you have to raise it? Maybe something like this added to the kickstand tip?

51712_8_Ball_keyring_600px.jpg
I ordered one of these from Factory Surplus through Amazon. Price $0.01. Of course shipping was $3.32. I plan to use it on one of my kick stands. I got the idea after mentioning an 8 ball in my previous post and Goolged "toy 8 ball" and came up with the key chain. I'll have to see if it is big enough, but they say is is 1.5 inches so I'll see.

Handlebars finally arrived this afternoon, took 17 days to get to TX from AZ. Worst Ebay seller ever. But they go perfect with what I wanted out of this. Added golfball to kickstand works great, Got brown second seat from Ian that match the Honey Brown grips perfectly. Bike rides great looks even better. want to thank all who followed and commented and made suggestions on bars and kickstand issues. Enough yakking enjoy my FIREBOLT last picture that is not a scratch just reflection of a screwdriver on garage floor.

23.jpg
24.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
20.jpg
19.jpg

Last edited:
Thats one slick ride :cool2:

Latest posts

Back