1962 AMF Roadmaster Sky Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... Today, I wired up the headlight and tail light....
There are several generator lights in my parts stash that I have always intended on converting. I would be interested in more details regarding your experience with this.
My generator lights each have the single wire running from the gen. I have gathered the negative terminal of the bulb just "grounds" to the metal casing.
Any level of tutorial on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

This build is one of my favorites. I was happy to see it bumped up!

There are several generator lights in my parts stash that I have always intended on converting. I would be interested in more details regarding your experience with this.
My generator lights each have the single wire running from the gen. I have gathered the negative terminal of the bulb just "grounds" to the metal casing.
Any level of tutorial on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

This build is one of my favorites. I was happy to see it bumped up!

Honestly, I just ran 2 wires to each light, crimped on some terminals for the front light, One going to the "ground" and one attaching to the normal terminal on the light itself. I would've just had one wire going from the battery pack to the frame but, it didn't work as good. Tail light, I ended up soldering the "ground" wire to the terminal inside and the positive getting just held in by the lamp holder itself. Then re-soldered the wires to the Positive and negative terminals in the battery pack I used. used a 4xAA setup, to make up the 6v a generator would've had.

Thanks, it's been a fave of mine as well. Certainly been my daily rider this year.

The atomic logo is cool on the Sears light. The stem is nice too. Hahaha I gotta stop looking at other people's parts. I'm down with OPP

Yea, I like the logo on it, especially the "industrial" look of it having the 6v 3w printed on it.

Latest posts

Back