1959 Flightliner w CWC springer fork. My 1st Vintage find!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys/gals.

I found this on craigslist as I was just browsing in hopes i'd find my ex-motorbike cruiser that was recently stolen.
$50 I bought it for, whether its a good deal or not, its still the cheapest bike i've ever bought lol. Definitely one of the coolest. :p

Found out its a 59' Flightliner w/ a CWC springer fork. Im going to be making it 'hotrod' style, not sure exactly what ill be doing with it.
I'm definitely sandblasting it and having our neighbor powder-coat it.
Hopefully by the weekend ill have it rideable at least haha :)

vintage0.png

vinatge4.jpg

vintage3.jpg

Now days a good set of tires and tubes like those will cost you nearly that much. At $50 you're very safe. The springer would probably double your money in the for sale section by itself. Good score.

Also any day you can get a bike with a tank for $50 or under it's a good bet it's worth it.

Thats a great start, I really like the older frame with even older fork and mini BMX style sprocket and ratty seat. WOW total score. Ask as much questions as you want there is a lot of talented and knowledgable members here.Once again great :shock: :arrow: :idea: :mrgreen: score!

Thankyou! :) I bought cream color tires and new tubes, replaced the bearings and cleaned up the moving areas of the rim, put on a chain I had laying around, added a mirror, & I was riding! I'm so happy with it!

Its very comfy and springy. I'm getting the seat fixed and will be getting the frame sandblasted too...
I'm not sure where I'm gonna go with it. I'm thinking about keeping it unpainted & clearing it.

Suggestions? Lol

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t5haud

Very kool...great score for a measly $50!!! Welcome to the growing number of FLIGHTLINER fanatics here on RatRod. You can check out mine under the thread "Flightliner w/original Delta taillight".Please keep us posted with the progress of your build.I'm curious to see which direction you go with it as I'm sure we all are...Pappy 8)

They do. Putting on a bigger sprocket and a new chain today. The small sprocket is annoying to cruise with lol.

Anyone want it with a chain?

I like the look of the springer as is on the bike, especially with those fat springs!
I have a CWC springer as well and have always wondered how well they work minus the top truss rods, bottom truss rods, or with none at all.

mellybug21 said:
They do. Putting on a bigger sprocket and a new chain today. The small sprocket is annoying to cruise with lol.

Anyone want it with a chain?

I'd keep it for "future use" it can be you're first stock piled part. But iff not I LIKE small sprockets ! :shock: :mrgreen:

433a9b1d-8990-712a.jpg

433a9b1d-89b3-d66c.jpg

433a9b1d-89c1-6109.jpg
433a9b1d-89d9-b487.jpg

I sandblasted it yesterday, welded the few bad frame spots (were detached), new sweetheart sprocket, and turned the handlebars! :) the seat is being upholstered as we speak. I can't wait to ride!

Sent from my iPhone4
using Tapatalk

433a9b1d-f9de-9252.jpg
433a9b1d-f9eb-20d3.jpg

I had to pull the rear hub cause I didn't do something right, so now she's rideable! And it's sooooo nice.

Still adding things. Oh! I bought two D batteries and two bulbs and hooked up the light. Didnt work.. So I bought a battery tray cause mine was broken and hopefully it'll workout.

Sent from my iPhone4
using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back