1956 JC Higgins project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased this one on Ebay. The seller sold the tank separately (I didn't get it) and had pick up only on the bike which was way out in a rural town. Tomorrow it will get dismantled, an OA bath (so I can finally get rid of my kiddie pool), and crated for another day while I get my current projects completed; maybe next years build off bike foundation.

The crown jewel of this diamond in the rough is the rear hub. It is an Art Deco Mussleman with a JC Higgins stamped reaction arm. A minor clean up shows excellent chrome.

The chain guard and fender stays are some of my favorites amongst those parts. There is some rust damage that needs to be repaired on the front stay but it is a pretty simple repair. The fenders are peaked. There is zero bends or dents in the sheetmetal.

20200710_110044.jpg
20200710_105936.jpg
1956SearsChristmasBookpage349-1 (1).jpg

Way cool score

Any of the various delta rocket ray tops will fit that base

Any of the various delta rocket ray tops will fit that base
I looked into that. I found the correct one at $250 (not gonna happen) and NOS ones are available around $60. I generally like a clean & uncluttered bike but just might keep the light on this one. It has one original pedal which I have never seen before and probably very low chance of finding its mate.

Latest posts

Back