1953 Schwinn Speedster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found this at 1953 20" Schwinn Speedster friends house and restored it what do you think
PB220485.jpg

P3280661.jpg

P3280660.jpg

A very nice job and a beautiful restoration, but I don't think the bike is as old as you think. If it was a 1953, the wheels would be S2's and I'm betting they are S7. Schwinn made things confusing by using similar serial numbers in different locations.

I think it looks great, BUT (there's always a but...) I would consider putting a spacer between the frame and the lower rear fender mounting. It will correct the spacing and take the strain off of the rear fender. I'm not trying to be critical, I wish I had your skills!

Thanks, Rg

Crassly said:
A very nice job and a beautiful restoration, but I don't think the bike is as old as you think. If it was a 1953, the wheels would be S2's and I'm betting they are S7. Schwinn made things confusing by using similar serial numbers in different locations.
when i looked up the serial # on the back bracket it matched to be a 53 could the rims been swaped out

Please post the serial number and maybe we can figure it out. There are a couple Schwinn serial numbers charts out there with some errors. According to some on-line sources, the first year for the Speedster was 1959.

Latest posts

Back