1952 Phantom??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I think this is a Phantom -- though I'm new to this game and can't really figure it out. I showed the owner pictures of the Phantom and he said that's what it used to look like -- before he pulled all the components off to make it a "cool" beach cruiser. The serial number, from the left rear axle, is BA4331.

Any help is much appreciated. Also, depending on the make of the bike -- what would it sell for "as is" on local cl or ebay? The owner wants $300 for it.

DSCN2824 by wmacleod, on Flickr

DSCN2825 by wmacleod, on Flickr

DSCN2826 by wmacleod, on Flickr

DSCN2827 by wmacleod, on Flickr

DSCN2830 by wmacleod, on Flickr

The bike appears to have original:
handlebars and grips
saddle -- mesinger
pedals
tires - schwinn westwind, decent condition
crank and chain

Unfortunately, the fenders and everything else are nowhere to be found :(
This site is awesome by the way.

Welcome to the site.
Looks like a mid 60s schwinn middleweight, and definately not a phantom. Serial number places it around 1965.
The tank is worth about $75 tops and the rest of the bike is another $75 (In my opinion $300 is way too much)
Hard to say what the bike would sell for.

It is a middleweight frame , it is probably a Fleet,,I wouldnt pay more thatn 50 bucks for a bike in that condition. Probably not even that, if you look around you will find somthing much better for a hundred bucks. Friday I found a Cruiser 5 in a thrift shop for 15 bucks lol bike is worth 5 times of what the one is worth in your picture. Dont forget it is the beginning of winter you can find bikes for cheap.

Latest posts

Back