1952 Hawthorne--"The black pearl"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
this is what i am starting with all tore down. This build may take awile with winter setting in :( and I promise no bent springer or 144 spoke surprise at the end :)
MVC-020S.jpg
004-1.jpg

Re: 195? Hawthorne

not yet, i just finished my schwinn, i have mine torn down right now sandblasting,i found a headlight on ebay and tank decals on ebay that are like the ones on yours,im leading towards grey
DSC00603.jpg

it was great seeing yours with the decals and light. this is how i found mine and have not found anything about them or what they looked like new. now i know what to get. thanks for sharing.

I took the frame,fork,rack,chainguard and tank to be powder coated flat black and they said they should be done Friday :D :D so this project may not take long. I was going to prime and paint but my dad ran a body shop when i was growing up and then i painted cars for awile and im soooo burnt out it almost made me sick to look at my paint gun. Any way the powder coating probably wont cost much more than quality paint anyway :mrgreen: this week i soaked and cleaned and painted the small parts so im all ready for friday. this is a pic of the crank which cleaned up nice!painted the legs flat black, and the head set flat black also.The bearings cleaned up like new and polished the rods for the rear rack 8) oh and my kids have named it the Black Pearl 8)
023.jpg

Re: 195? Hawthorne--THE BLACK PEARL

Had family stuff tonight so I think I can get it all together tomorrow for some pictures. And I will put a link up for the decal guy. I found him on ebay he does Harley decals so I hit him up with some measurements and Hawthorne text and he custom made the tank and chain guard 20 bucks shipped :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back