1951 Monark Super value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm in the middle of negotiations on this bike. I just want to get opinions on value. The guy claims to have offers of $400 and $500. Is he way off? It's a barn find and rough but seems complete. Not a piece of chrome is left. The paint seems good less the surface rust. If not seen it in person however.
ada6618c6dad893ea82900ad9f242dc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was offered $ 500 and turned it down, he's an idiot!

That's what I said. So what is the highest you would pay?

That depends on what you think it's worth to you. It may or may not need a ton of work, and some of the rust may be worse than it looks.

I'd look it over closely, and point out everything bent or rusted through. And anything not original, like the seat. Then ask when the guy with 500 is coming to get it, as your budget for that bike should be way below that.

Ditto. Value is relevant to what you are willing to pay. If I were interested in something like that I would offer a lot less somewhere between two and three hundred. Of course as Wildcat says I would give the bike a good going over and use the defects and non-original parts to leverage the negotiations.

Latest posts

Back