• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1950s ladies roadmaster forks 26 inch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one that is either 60s or 50s not sure. Do you have pic of what you need and how long the steer tube needs to be?

Decided to snap some pics. It has a 6 3/4” steer tube and 2” between top of forks where tire would be, so I think it’s off a middleweight. Color is purple.
572EC132-B746-44D0-82C7-26385B25977E.jpegC92E7AA9-4C21-4F18-B6F8-317DAC9BFEBA.jpegDE0D0135-CD8E-4CA5-9CD7-D967185118DA.jpegCBA8DAB2-C6F3-483D-8EF3-3A05A576C20B.jpeg

I’m not sure if it would be the correct size..The bottom of the fork where it meets the axles measured 3 3/4 inches wide and about 2 3/4 inches at the top with the steer tube being almost 8 inches

I have 4 forks, coming from Roadmaster ladies bikes. I will send pics

20200501_150307.jpg
20200501_150313.jpg

From left to right lengh of tube and of the threading
6 1/2 and 1"
7 and 1 1/4"
7 and 1"
7 3/8 and 1 1/4"
First two have some hardware the last two no hardware, as seen in pics.
Any of 1, 3 or 4 are 20$ plus shipping.
Tje second red with hardware is 30$ plus shipping

View attachment 118142View attachment 118143

From left to right lengh of tube and of the threading
6 1/2 and 1"
7 and 1 1/4"
7 and 1"
7 3/8 and 1 1/4"
First two have some hardware the last two no hardware, as seen in pics.
Any of 1, 3 or 4 are 20$ plus shipping.
Tje second red with hardware is 30$ plus shipping
Hello, can you tell me how much with shipping fork number 5 (blue one) would be to Mesa, Az 85209? I found something similar on eBay but would prefer that blue fork. Thank you..

I will check thw shipping

20$ shipping for the blue fork, no.4. plus 20$ tje fork.
Through BikeFlights.
Let me know

I am on 40$.
Thank you

Hello, would you still happen to have fork number 3? It is 7” and 1” thread.. I had purchased the blue one on the end and it turned out to be too long..I would be interested in it..thank you..

Take it to your LBS and have the threads continued then cut it off the the correct length. Did that recently with a fork from a girl's Elgin that I needed for a boy's.

Take it to your LBS and have the threads continued then cut it off the the correct length. Did that recently with a fork from a girl's Elgin that I needed for a boy's.
Will it work if the forks themselves are too long? The top threading is fine..I have about an 1” or so gap between the top of fender and the underside of the fork crown..

I thought that the fork stem was too long. What would happen if you were to bolt the fender to the fork and look for longer fender braces? From what I'm imagining, the fender is not reaching the fork because you're limited by the length of the braces. Can you post a picture?

Ed

I thought that the fork stem was too long. What would happen if you were to bolt the fender to the fork and look for longer fender braces? From what I'm imagining, the fender is not reaching the fork because you're limited by the length of the braces. Can you post a picture?

Ed
I guess longer braces could be an option..the ones on there now are for the typical 26”wheels..Although I may have one more option..and that’s cutting some length and shaping the forks..
96154BFA-6360-46AF-A590-6472AD4896A6.jpeg
6EA5E932-C282-4AB8-BBB4-39FCCF63CEDF.jpeg

I don't think that I'd be cutting the fork. I would look for longer braces first. Without the fender on the front, what kind of clearance do you have between the tire and the fork? Do you have another bike from which to take some measurements for comparison. Do you like the relationship between the front tire and the fender that's now mounted? Is it similar to the relationship of the rear tire and fender?

Latest posts

Back