• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1950's? Hiawatha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got a nice old Hiawatha for sale.
I got this bike in a trade from Tin Machine about 4 years ago, I believe he built it as a Build Off bike under the name "Crazy Horse".
I've made a couple changes and had some fun with it but it's time to let it go.
Not sure of the year but I believe it's an early 50's.
The bike has no paint on the frame or fork which is kinda cool because theres no surprises hiding under the paint and it looks pretty cool with bare metal.
It has a really clean all chrome Roadmaster tank, brooks professional seat and a really clean set of Carlisle Lighting Dart tires.
Skip tooth chain with New Departure rear hub.
Persons Supreme pedals.
6 volt tractor light (not wired up).
Evans Colson fenders, the fenders need some adjustment they are rubbing the tires. I have a set of original CWC fenders and the rear rack that came with the bike if you prefer those instead.
I've lowered the price to $300 for the bike plus shipping.
Thanks, Ian

Last edited:
Were are you from hopefully southern cali cause the shipping kills it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The Serial Number Suffix Cw was stamped on Bottom Brackets in the years 1948 and 1949. If that is the original seat post clamp I would lean towards 1948 - in that era the seat post clamp was changed to an annulated style instead of the flat type. The springer would also be period correct for that frame. In 1950 CWC changed the springs from cylinder shaped to barrel shaped. At the same time the lower springer struts were changed from straight like yours to the bumper style. My non-professional guess is that this frame and springer dates from 1948. Have Fun!

The Serial Number Suffix Cw was stamped on Bottom Brackets in the years 1948 and 1949. If that is the original seat post clamp I would lean towards 1948 - in that era the seat post clamp was changed to an annulated style instead of the flat type. The springer would also be period correct for that frame. In 1950 CWC changed the springs from cylinder shaped to barrel shaped. At the same time the lower springer struts were changed from straight like yours to the bumper style. My non-professional guess is that this frame and springer dates from 1948. Have Fun!
Wow sounds like you know your stuff!
Thanks for your insight! I really appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Back