1950 something jc higgins custom "THE HIGGINS"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol yea that bike has been really hard to top. now it is not mine the owner of the shop terry owns it and he as changed it a little with a lot of pinstriping and such. it still looks good but personally i liked it as i built it. still a bad ... bike that is by far the most fun to ride. although my lucky 7 is way faster hehe.

=(

aww terry pin striped it? that doesnt sound good at all.

Re: 1950 something jc higgins custom (first post woot)

wow this was my first post on this site over one year ago. remember when this bike was one of a handfull of these types? i really wish i had not sold this bike now and to make matters worse i look at her every day in the shop. if anyone ever comes across one of these jc higgins frames let me know i want another very badly. my my how time flys

Sweet ride,I believe the frame is a 1956-57 tanker frame.I have a restored one with the beehive springer.Kudos to you for a great job!!! Ride fast!!PS- sorry just noticed the bike is sold, BUMMER-hope you can find another frame.

yea i would love to build another one like this one. sorta a recreation for myself. it was a mean bike when first built with the black tires and great stance. it still looks good but is much more friendly looking

ill keep an eye out for ya! thats the bike i first saw that got me thinking about ratting bikes............. :mrgreen:

the higgins is the best bike i have built yet. when it was created it was cutting edge and different. it also by far is the most rideable and comfortable. sometimes you just get it right the first time. i am still very honored that steve decided to put it in the gallery.

BIG NEWS. after talking to my boss for awhile he finally decided to trade me back the higgins. i have been shaking for the rest of the day since then. i am going to return her as best i can as to when i first built the bike but i think i will leave the stripping. if you want to see what it currently looks like go onto collegecyclery.biz and look under kustoms. the only thing i cant salvage is the original seat i used it has gone bad so i already found a close to original vintage brooks professional similar to the one on the lucky 7. i am so excited

Awesome karfer. =]

thanks guys and yea you can bet that i will bring her out for the feb ride. it is funny i never named this bike really maybe i should open a poll sort of to see what others think she should be called other than "the higgins".

the green bike :wink:
dunno.......you work this sat? might need to find some pedals and see if ya can still get get a skiplink chain(good thing fridays payday)

yea i work this sat come on down. i will have to order the chain i think they are still avalible. no worries my boss loves pay day :D

well my photography skill arent enough to do her justice be HERE SHE IS!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
tankandcollege005.jpg

tankandcollege004.jpg

tankandcollege001.jpg

now thats THE bike that started it all with me!

the ride this week is going to be a wash because of the autorama. we can either do it the week after or wait till next month when it will be warmer.

SWEET cant believe you got her back Congrats karfer ..

stripes or not it still screams toughness ... maybe a little horsley after a year of screaming but stil screaming away

hey i may even be able to venture down to Cali for the ride in march.... wish me luck

hey thanks and next time you come in wait so that i can get you what you need i swear even as simple as cruisers are at least to me my co workers just cant get it sometimes.

Latest posts

Back