1949 schwinn straight bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my 1949 schwinn.it had a truss setup on the front at first but i switched it out for the springer. i also flipped the yolk at the bottom of the fork to rake the front. i saw it on a bike here on the site and i loved the stance it gave.i wasnt sure how to do it so i asked the owner on his thread and he told me what i needed to do. thanks to him and this site in general for giving me an outlet to my obcession.hopefully you like the bike. i plan on buying a front light for it but thats about it.also there was a question as to wether or not a truss front fender would work on the springer.. some said nlo but i tried and it worked.. so the front fender is the original truss fender.
GEDC3298.jpg

GEDC3289.jpg

GEDC3278.jpg

GEDC3277.jpg

GEDC3264.jpg

GEDC3251.jpg

boybluela said:
Man schwinner that is one sweeeeeeeet looking bike! :drools: lol..
thanks so much to you..your bike is what gave me the motivation and your help with the springer really helped. so thanks again....and thanks everyone else for the comments.ive always loved the straight bar frame and this is my first one ive had and now that its ready to ride. i hope this snow disappears alot sooner than it probly will

thanks for the compliments guys..id like to add it now has a persons siren attached and i took it out for its first ride.. i love this bike..it rides really heavy but i think that it weighing almost 90 pounds has something to do with it haha.

schwinner said:
thanks for the compliments guys..id like to add it now has a persons siren attached and i took it out for its first ride.. i love this bike..it rides really heavy but i think that it weighing almost 90 pounds has something to do with it haha.
You just have to post a pic of that Siren...lol.. Im looking on getting one for my DX now too :p

Beautiful bike. I just purchased a 1949 Schwinn DX. The bike was stripped of all the "extras," and spray painted an olive drab color... from top to bottom. Wish it had the original paint and parts like yours did, but what to heck. Hoping to have fun restoring it.

Thanks for sharing your project! :D

539989_2569113206325_1809086572_1510276_777985918_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back