1949 cwc “spare parts”

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased this because it was skiptooth but it turns out I really don’t want too mess with it so all the skiptooth stuff is in the pile of maybe one day and I’m building it using crusty parts out of the parts pile. It’s a small 24 inch frame but 26 inch wheels fit! Might not be my best idea but I’m bored
52954666-B388-454A-9AAE-82C4319C465D.jpeg
5931E906-C33B-44EF-A017-C37A36D99C86.jpeg
7618B30E-329E-4040-BF77-55FDCA90C012.jpeg
what it started as, some test fitting of parts including a non bent fork and the bottom is were we are tonight. Needs a good scuff too get rid of flaking paint and crust before a few coats of flat clear! Gotta call a local bike shop and see about having my only 24 inch fork threaded further down!

With the clear coat dry I started digging around the parts. Old monark crank and sprocket with some unknown white peddles, back wheel off an 80s huffy if my memory is correct. Can’t get too a bike shop to have the fork cut until Saturday. Turns out no one within 30 miles has the tool!
7CFA5095-7A68-4D5C-8295-D1F481366F0E.jpeg

A24D5354-877B-479D-9796-900184EAF76D.jpeg
Had to use a 26x1.75 too clear on the 24 inch front fork but one of my sons wanted to build a bike so it’s together. Cwc frame, monark crank and sprocket, unknown ladies bike fork, handlebars off some 90s huffy, rear wheel off another old huffy and front wheel off a 50s woman’s Colson. My son loves it

If you don't want to monkey with having someone thread the headset just use a bunch of old top threaded races and use a pipe wrench and cutting oil and force the threads. After a little the race will not make very deep threads so throw that one out and use more oil and another race until you get it to where you need it. Back off the race and cut the fork turn with a hack saw, using the race as a guide. Back off the race to clear the threads. Go over it with another race, throw that one away and use the final one. The final one will have to be put on with a pipe wrench but it won't come loose so you don't need a slotted spacer. Works good but you will have to use a pipe wrench to remove the headset if you ever need to grease it in the future.

Last edited:
Had the fork threaded Saturday, just haven’t cut it down yet to it has some spacers on it. Had to run a fairly long set of cruiser bars for my kid too reach, he’s short and it’s his build. Broke another chain tool in the process but it rides fantastic, just doesn’t have a kickstand! For some reason today my phone is rotating pictures
B676B1A1-EBE1-4A1D-BA4A-F5FC8FE65DC3.jpeg

Latest posts

Back