• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1940 Colson snap-tank project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
1940 Colson snap-tank project. Covered in white and maroon house paint when I got it, started stripping the old paint off one piece at a time. Just started on the frame and it was giving me fits. May not be able to save much yellow. I do not have the patience or will to finish. Also, might have brain damage from all the goof-off. Discovered fork has been repaired and appears to be originally blue. Repair was done well and is straight, but paint don't match. Wheelset NOT included, was not original and had cheap white walls anyway. No seat, was cheap junk. Cheap fenderlight, never put batteries in it, but I'll throw it in the box if you want it. I'm throwing in a Colson crank and sprocket with hardware and better gooseneck and bars that I was gonna use. Asking 425$ OBO shipped with Bikeflights. Gonna try to sale it whole for a while so I can stuff it all in one box. Don't want to get stuck with a Colson part or two that I'll never use. Coming from Louisiana, 70525 and is negotiable. PayPal only please.

When I got it.
IMG_1368.JPG

Solid tank, a couple extra holes someone put.
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG

Ding and a little bondo on left front side of rack. Mounting hardware is there for guard and rack.
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG

Fork's been repaid, but straight. Trusses and plate painted white.
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG

Colors don't match.
IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG

Inside lower chainstay where I stripped a little paint.
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG

Straight drop stand, painted white.
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG

Braces weren't riveted on front.
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG

Plastic reflector.
IMG_1494.JPG

Selling with these bars and neck, came with cheap replacement.
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG

Sweet

Thats nice !! really tempting, but I'm running out of room and money so fast :21:. GLWS

I Hope this doesn't get parted out...
... but IF it DOES get parted out I could use the Bike Stand & Fender Clip for it (May consider rear fender as well so you don't have to bust the rivets for the stand clip???)...
... and MAYBE the rack???
Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,
N3YH & K3WMS

I could be wrong but that fork looks suspiciously Huffman. Great project at a great price!

Latest posts

Back