• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1935 Wards Hawthorne Silver King (Window Frame)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
1935 Silver King $1275 delivered to your door (CONUS).

Mostly complete bike, just missing the battery tube. I have just finished completely tearing this bike down, cleaning, polishing and rebuilding it from top to bottom.

There are no signs of any cracks in the frame whatsoever.
The stainless fenders have some dings and scratches. There were a few larger dents that have been rolled out.
Most of the chrome and nickle plating was gone and/or lifting from surface rust so I decided to media blast most of those parts down to bare metal and then rubbed in boiled linseed oil to protect the raw metal. This gave those parts a gun metal type finish that complements the polished aluminum in my opinion.
The wheels were completely disassembled and the triple step rims where media blasted and treated with boiled linseed oil. Both hubs were cleaned and greased. The coaster brake is very strong!
It has new rim strips, tubes and tires.
The original rubber cover on the Troxel saddle was toast so I recovered it with leather. All of the surface rust was removed from the seat chassis with vinegar and then finished with boiled linseed oil.
The original pedals are in good shape but the axel on one of them is slightly bent.
New cording was laced into the rear fender and the bottom rings are fabricated pieces.

Please feel free to ask questions. Thanks -Jim

100_7338.JPG
100_7336.JPG
100_7343.JPG
100_7353.JPG
100_7320.JPG
100_7310.JPG
100_7311.JPG
100_7314.JPG
100_7315.JPG
100_7348.JPG
100_7349.JPG