• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1934/35 Monark Battery Co. Silver King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
For your consideration. I have a 1934/35 Monark Battery Co. Silver King project. It has a 4 digit serial number located on the rear drop out. I bought this from the original owners wife. It was stored poorly in an old bank barn on her farm. She told me her husbands father won it for him at a raffle in Richmond, Indiana. I probably should have washed it but here it is as found. Dark spots at the head tube and drop outs is rust penetrate. Good head badge. No dents, cracks or old repairs to the frame....it's straight. No pitting to the aluminum. Top 1/4" of threads on the fork are crusty from rust. Section where the bearing race threads on are fine and a top nut will screw down and tighten up. You may choose to cut it off and repair it. I've been told forks for these are hard to find and wanted to mention the damage there. The last 2 photos shows the bike as I got it. The bike is being sold as pictured in the first 3 pictures but I will include the fenders (they are very rough), crank & bearings, rear Morrow hub and chain adjusters. The rear reflector, pedals, rim/spokes & tire, handle bars and stem are gone. The crank and lower bearings are shot. I think I covered it all but please ask questions. $450 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal accepted.

012_zpsjrm2qjlv.jpg

013_zpsurjryjc7.jpg

014_zpsyayxv1eo.jpg

AS Found....
hawthorne%20010_zpsanklolfp.jpg

hawthorne%20014_zpswi45ppx4.jpg

Latest posts

Back