1930s Peerless Zep Tank bike .. One owner !!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I just bought this from the original owner .. He was a really nice guy & in his mid to late 80s ..
He told me He got the bike Christmas 1940 to use for his paper route ..
DSC00287_zps9b5ee05f.jpg

DSC00292_zpsce2cde14.jpg

Always nice to hear the history from the original owner. Nice ride, thanks for sharing!

Nice bike. I bet that was A LOT cheaper than the one I bought from Brian. Is that a Mass plate on the back? What town?

Btw, not that the original owner is wrong, but 1940 seems like a bit too late. Some of the build features seem earlier.

Nice bike. I bet that was A LOT cheaper than the one I bought from Brian. Is that a Mass plate on the back? What town?

Btw, not that the original owner is wrong, but 1940 seems like a bit too late. Some of the build features seem earlier.

I tend to agree with you .Im thinking 1936-1938 ish But I also bet it could have sat in a bike shop back in the day for more than a year .Bikes weren't as year to year as they are in bikes shops today They sat until they sold . The Owner was a nice old guy so I wasn't going to argue.

I would like to up grade the front fender in the correct color .I know this is a long shot but worth asking before I decide if I want to rework the fender I have & or what to do with the bike .
Im also wondering if chain guards came on these all of the time?
Thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back