1930 Hartford by Westfield - Finally on the Road!!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Tankenstein said:
That's tasty!
Great work Gary!

Cheers,
Dr.T

Thanks Rob!!!!!!!! It feels nice to have this one very near finished after 21 months of searching for just the right parts and then bringing them back to life.

CeeBee said:
You nailed a perfect combination of restoration and keeping the heart and soul original! Beautiful!

Thanks CeeBee!!!!!!!

Skipton said:
FANTASTIC!
BIKE JUST LOOKS AMAZING
GREAT JOB!

Thanks Skipton!!!!!!!!!

Superb work! 8)

Looking at your pictures of the bike, I actually feel transported back in time.

Really nice bike! ..good choice on getting real wood rims

this one too , so classy 8)
IMG_1913_zpsd169f1e4.jpg

sleepy said:
Superb work! 8)

Looking at your pictures of the bike, I actually feel transported back in time.

Thanks sleepy!!!!!! That's the best compliment I could get as I wanted this bike to look right out of the early thirties.

Onewheelsqueel said:
It's a thing of beauty.

Thanks Onewheelsqueel!!!!!!!

OneHorsePower said:
Really nice bike! ..good choice on getting real wood rims

this one too , so classy 8)

Thanks for the great compliments on both bikes OneHorsePower!!!!!!!!

Finally got the bell & the siren completely refurbed. Repainted the painted parts of the bell with 1Shot lettering enamel & cleared the brass so I will not have to constantly polish it. Greased it up & it's ready to go. I found a cheap donor for the mechanical gear that was damaged on the original bell. Siren is already on the bike. Removed all the rust, polished it, and greased up the bearings. I actually took the best parts of two Persons Majestic sirens to make one great one. I'll take some pics of the bike with these items on it later this week but here's the completely restored bell.

This whole thread was an Incredible read from beginning to end, from commentary to facta and figures throughout. Every little piece and part discussed and worked through verbally and physically has just BLOWN my mind.

This is the kind of material we need more of, and in equally FANTASTIC detail.
It's posts like this that make this place so unique, clever, special and inclusive for Everyone to join in and help or aid in the very least with confidence boosters. Almost six years old, this thread and I'm just now discovering it after joining right around the time it was happening. I'm thrilled there's enough people with enough creative mind and imagination to never run short od new discoveries here.

Thank you so much for this post, and to all those who followed up on it while it was happening.

It's made my night.

FZ

Amazing restoration, truly a beautiful bicycle :inlove:.

Latest posts

Back