1926 Elgin Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's not easy being green.

I did a trade for this Elgin from a guy with an insane 30's through 50's bike collection. Some of his stuff is museum quality, with meticulous attention to detail. Lots of period correct accessories. He and I are talking about organizing some pub crawls this summer.

Here is a teaser photo. So far, it looks to be 100% complete, with a few warts and blemishes. I'll show more when I actually start the build. Gotta love that green spray paint! Unfortunately, I think the original paint was stripped. We'll see.

2md3siv.jpg

Nice... I love that frame... Looks like its a reasonable shape 2

Cool! The color isn't actually too bad, I think... I kind of like it. Too fifties for the application maybe... :?: That head tube seems unusual- Don't Elgin bicycles of that period have short, wide head tubes usually? Great find!

Unchained said:
That head tube seems unusual- Don't Elgin bicycles of that period have short, wide head tubes usually? Great find!
Man that is strange. Mine is only 5'' and the bottom tube dosent go to the headtube it goes to the down tube that hooks to the neck???

doneelgin008.jpg

Ok I have got to buy me some books!!!!!! I don't know zip about old bikes. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back