Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG

Reaction score
I was cutting up some scrap frames and remembered there was a build-off this time of year. This stuff could be reassembled into some sort of functional wheeled contrivance.
xGwh9JJ.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting :39:
I have a couple o frames like that. Waiting to see what you do with that pile.
Going on the name, would you be making a bike from that era?

That's the idea. I really like bikes from that era, there wasn't really a set standard for design yet so everyone was basically doing their own thing.

Interesting :39:
I have a couple o frames like that. Waiting to see what you do with that pile.
Going on the name, would you be making a bike from that era?

That's the idea. I really like bikes from that era, there wasn't really a set standard for design yet so everyone was basically doing their own thing.
I have always been fascinated with the safety bicycle look. I often wonder if many were actually rideable. Cool you have me pinned on this one.

This should be fun to see what funky cold contivance you come up with.

I managed to get the head tube set up and welded, so the front triangle is on it's way to being done. The head tube ended up being something stupid tall (thirteen and a half inches). I still dont know what I'm using for a fork. I cut two solid 5/8 seat posts, one forward facing and one rear facing. My seat also came in. It's a "Special" which sounds vintage enough, it was tough to find a reasonably priced hairpin that didn't say RBR on the side.
pdVRP1R.jpg

SHIPfjp.jpg

Last edited:
I was pretty happy with how the seat tube union turned out. (If you're wondering why my posts are all broken up I keep running into an internal server error prompt when posting/editing.)

I was pretty happy with how the seat tube union turned out. (If you're wondering why my posts are all broken up I keep running into an internal server error prompt when posting/editing.)
You have an old computer like mine, running XP?
I have two browsers now... Opera most of the time, since Chrome doesn't run on XP, and Firefox. Either one or the other give me that error and when they do I run the other one...I can find no rhyme or reason as to why it happens, I just know when it does I flip to the other browser. Most of the time I run Opera.

Carl.

Starting to take shape now.
That saddle will look perfect on there.

I have a great set of bars from a Pedersen style bike that would be perfect for this build.

60142_c26bbe1600c75863f3b68bb75942a747.jpg

Latest posts

Back